• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

A Top Tier Player is inevitable...

KBRed

I've been checking out a lot of mock drafts, which is what I like to do when we have a slim to no chance of making the playoffs. Anyway, with the transition of the league turning to passing, a lot of drafts have 3 QB's in the top 5, and 4 in the top 10...

In saying that, we are destined to get a top prospect and most likely a #1 at a position of need while other teams look for QB's.

You have Luck, Barkley, RGIII, and L. Jones in the top 10 possibly.

At top 5 with 3 QB's going, we would have our choice of either a top CB, OL, or WR...whatever the coaches think is warranted.

Even at #6-10, we are in a great position to maybe get a #1 CB/DT/LB, or #2 OL/WR

Should be fun to watch this play out.

The Sexy Pick: WR - Justin Blackmon

Justin-Blackmon1.jpg

The Brother from the Same Mother : OL - Matt Kalil

Matt-Kalil1.jpg

The Ballhawk: CB - Morris Claiborne

4a830_morris-claiborne-p1.jpg

The Needed Run-Stopper: DT - Devon Still (Edited from B. Thompson)

541335.jpg

Boobs:

florida_state_cheerleaders.jpg

I don't think it's a 'lock' that we draft one of these guys.. a lot of things can change between now and then.. also, you just never know who Rivera will fall in love with.

Some other guys that could be options are:

Quinton Coples

Zach Brown

Reilly Rieff (who grades out better than Kalil by many scouts)

Dre Kirkpatrick

Devon Still

I'm not overly in love with any of those players, tbh.

Thompson at this point is a mid second round pick. Blackmon is a nice prospect, but there is a whole crop of FA WR's this year and I'd rather we addressed that need that way. Kalil isn't even a lock to come out from the way it sounded on college gameday this morning. Besides, if we were in love with the idea of drafting an OT in the first, I'd rather move back and grab Reiff and our 3rd back. As for Claiborne, I hate the idea of drafting him.

CB is too deep in this years draft to spend a first round pick on one. There are guys who will go in this years draft in the third round who could make a case for first round selections on other years.

The team could take an OLB, but that's also a deep class this year. I know some people don't understand and don't view it as a need, but for where the Panthers are picking. The value and BPA would be Coples.

He's a big guy at 6-6, 285; has the frame to add 15-20 pounds, is strong at the POA and is really good against the run and pass. He's an upgrade over Hardy long term and gives the team a nice tandum of DE's and allows the team the ability to put Johnson, Hardy and Coples on the field on Passing downs. On top of all that he can play any spot along the dline because of his strength and ability to attack the POA.

Or trade back, which isn't always possible.

Pencil me in for Claiborne. The dude is filthy. Only way I take Coples is if he puts on some weight and we know for sure he can take on the grind at DT full-time. He's a good run defender but not much of a pass rusher at DE. He can be exactly who we need at DT if he shows he has the ability to play it every down.

Archived