• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

HDMI Cable Scam

fitty76

Some of the cables I've bought online have stopped working after normal use. Especially the ones from china that cost less than a dollar. HDMI cables tend to be thick so I've not had any issues with those but I've had a few USB cables, a zune cable and an auxiliary cable stop working on me.

Probably screwed out of 3 dollars total by those commies.

Surprised not one Monster Cable fan boy has come in here and screamed otherwise. :lol:

One good thing about them is they have future proof etc cables. If a newer refresh rate comes out or like the past few years 3d tvs, if your cable is outdated or can't perform with the newer ones and the model is future proof you just send it in and they give you a new one.

One good thing about them is they have future proof etc cables. If a newer refresh rate comes out or like the past few years 3d tvs, if your cable is outdated or can't perform with the newer ones and the model is future proof you just send it in and they give you a new one.

You can still use HDMI 1.3 for 3D... you just can't watch it in 1080P.

You can find 1.4 on amazon for $2 or $3, but they are usually pretty short. Wait another year and they'll be going for less than a dollar too.

You can still use HDMI 1.3 for 3D... you just can't watch it in 1080P.

You can find 1.4 on amazon for $2 or $3, but they are usually pretty short. Wait another year and they'll be going for less than a dollar too.

True but who would want to watch 3d on a 55 inch not in 1080? I'll give you that they will drop in price in the next year or so but those on amazon and 3rd party's wont honor their cable for a lifetime. Btw not a monster fan boy don't even have their cables

Archived