• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

HDMI Cable Scam

fitty76

You should just call this the accessories scam. The prices on all cabling, chargers, cases etc are ridiculous at stores like these. This can be as simple as the $25 usb cables.

The lure you in with decent prices (decent used liberally) and the sock it to you on all the things you need to make it work.

also, don't fall for the surround sound scam. sorry, but the human brain can only hear in stereo. nothing extra

You mean all my Quad LP records from the 70's are worthless? Peter Frampton in Quad! Now that rocks! :puke:

Try listening to Edgar Winter's "Frankenstein" in Quad! If you are the least little bit high when that starts circling around the room, (3:30 mark) your brain will go into sensory overload! In stereo it's something.

You should just call this the accessories scam. The prices on all cabling, chargers, cases etc are ridiculous at stores like these. This can be as simple as the $25 usb cables.

The lure you in with decent prices (decent used liberally) and the sock it to you on all the things you need to make it work.

You'd actually be surprised how little markup there is in non-accessory electronics. I worked at Sears while I was in college and would often scan things with our inventory scanners just to see what the store's cost for them was. We often sold TV's for cost or less than cost. Many of them were marked up only $10-50. Accessories are usually marked up several hundred percent.

I made only 1% commission on televisions, but 9% on accessories, so I made more money selling a $200 wall mount than a $1500 television.

Archived