• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Jakes Replacement

dpanthersman

it seems like there's been nothing but threads on here lately about trading for

a QB to replace jake. i agree 100% that we need to start thinking about his replacement but IMO we have his replacement on the roster already. IMO we should have a open QB competition in training camp. if matt moore or mccown doesn't show they have what it takes to take over as the starter either this year or next, then we start looking to acquire a QB. i know the chances of this happening are slim but i think it would be a good idea

agree? disagree?

a QB to replace jake. i agree 100% that we need to start thinking about his replacement but IMO we have his replacement on the roster already. IMO we should have a open QB competition in training camp. if matt moore or mccown doesn't show they have what it takes to take over as the starter either this year or next, then we start looking to acquire a QB. i know the chances of this happening are slim but i think it would be a good idea

agree? disagree?

I expect that both McCown and Moore will get their turn to play and show their stuff. Jake will start most likely but if he screws up Fox has already shown he will pull a starter in favor of someone else if need be. After all that is how Jake got his starting job to begin with.

agree? disagree?

the only thing is fox likes to bring along players..it would take more than a year thats why i think just maybe we take a QB in the later rounds this year.i think fox know jake has 2-3 years left.

I expect that both McCown and Moore will get their turn to play and show there stuff. Jake will start most likely but he screws up Fox has already shown he will pull a starter in favor of someone else if need be. After all that is how got his starting job to begin with.

I don't know why but I just have this feeling that opening day 2009 could be opening day 2003 all over again. I'm not totally convienced that Moore is the best option going forward but like Mintal has said, there is just something about this guy that I really like.

I don't know why but I just have this feeling that opening day 2009 could be opening day 2003 all over again. I'm not totally convienced that Moore is the best option going forward but like Mintal has said, there is just something about this guy that I really like.

I do, but I'm not sure this year is the year, I think he's still a year away...

I do, but I'm not sure this year is the year, I think he's still a year away...

Best case senerio is that the new QB coach will get to work with Moore this year and actually develop him unlike other QB coaches/passing game coordinators (whatever the hell that means). So I agree that one more year is better and more likely. I just don't have as much faith in Delhomme as I used to have and in all honesty I think most fans would agree with that. The question is has the team and/or Fox also lost any of that faith. I think there is a possibility of that and why I think 03 could happen all over again.

Peete needed a half of absolute attrocity after showing no real signs of life that preseason before he was benched in favor of the new high priced free agent.

Jake would have to really stink it up for several games in a row to get yanked.

Best case senerio is that the new QB coach will get to work with Moore this year and actually develop him unlike other QB coaches/passing game coordinators (whatever the hell that means). So I agree that one more year is better and more likely. I just don't have as much faith in Delhomme as I used to have and in all honesty I think most fans would agree with that. The question is has the team and/or Fox also lost any of that faith. I think there is a possibility of that and why I think 03 could happen all over again.

Every piece of interview I've seen since the playoff loss tells me that the team hasn't lost faith in anyone. They all seem to have this mindset of having left something on the table (lets face facts, it wasn't just Jake that screwed that game up, he just did it most noticably). I think as a unit we're looking at a much more focused team next year.

Having said all that, Moore with a year of development under a fresh set of coaches would be fantastic as a replacement for Jake given the right circumstances.

last time we pulled a move like that, we got to the super bowl.

just sayin'....it might could work again :D

Every piece of interview I've seen since the playoff loss tells me that the team hasn't lost faith in anyone. They all seem to have this mindset of having left something on the table (lets face facts, it wasn't just Jake that screwed that game up, he just did it most noticably). I think as a unit we're looking at a much more focused team next year.

Having said all that, Moore with a year of development under a fresh set of coaches would be fantastic as a replacement for Jake given the right circumstances.

I hope you're right. Don't take what I'm saying the wrong way. I not saying Jake WILL get benched. Or that I even think his play will be that bad. I'm not one of the ones screaming for Jake to be replaced no matter what. Like I said, my faith in him isn't what it used to be so my outlook isn't as bright as other's may be.

As far as Fox having a man crush on Delhomme or Fox being "married" to Delhomme comments; this is true to some extent but I think Fox is married to winning games and winning championships and most of all keeping a job more than anything. He might not have had as strong of a relationship with Peete as he does with Delhomme but I hope that if a move is needed to win games and ultimantly win a championship, he will make that move.

Archived