• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Matt Moore puts up another ridiculous day

TheRealDeal

if you define franchise qb as the QB the team is invested in and plans to build around and thinks is what they want at that position, then that is Mark Sanchez in every possible way.

if you are using franchise qb to define a certain level of play such as Brady, Brees, and manning... then Moore doesn't fit in that category.

But I do think Moore is a very good starter in this league when he gets even a little bit of help and stability. There are VERY few QBs who can win in this league without help.

I prefer the term elite QB to the term Franchise QB because Franchise says nothing about their ability, semantics I know.

Everyone knows I think Moore can be very good with a little help and all the evidence out there backs that up. You don't put up 2 of the 5 best games of the year and not have talent and not be capable. Even in Moore's worst games, they've been competitive, from the Giants and Rams games in 2010 to the Jets game in 2011. When Moore plays well and gets help, his teams are almost dominant.

I know and I agree about elite vs franchise, but the reality is 95% of the people on this board use the term franchise to indicate elite.

Moore's good enough to win in this league, but he has some true tests coming up. He has a chance to really solidify this job with a win streak... and for that matter, save Sparano's job (something I am not sure I'd want him to do >.>)

Moore has to control his lows. He won't always have perfect games. He seems to be perfect or horrible in games. He has to be great or mediocre, no more 3 interception games with 50% completions, at least not more than once or twice a season.

I'm sure Panther fans remember him being perfect against the 49ers, Vikings, Giants as well.

I prefer the term elite QB to the term Franchise QB because Franchise says nothing about their ability, semantics I know.

Everyone knows I think Moore can be very good with a little help and all the evidence out there backs that up. You don't put up 2 of the 5 best games of the year and not have talent and not be capable. Even in Moore's worst games, they've been competitive, from the Giants and Rams games in 2010 to the Jets game in 2011. When Moore plays well and gets help, his teams are almost dominant.

Sounds like a certain player for the panthers.....

Glad to see Moore playing well, always wanted him to succeed here. Why do people keep saying he isnt playing for anything?? He is playing for his job. If he plays well, he couldbe the starter there next year.

Archived