• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Ive never seen deangelo as explosive as he was today

Fiz

I was so glad to see 34 running wild today. I missed that. Guy is one of the funnest players to watch in the league with his speed/power combo. A shame it was all for not-though if we had committed to running the ball, I don't feel it would have been.

A bit more balance would go a long way to helping both this offense and defense, IMO.

It's not even balance, it's just knowing your opponent. Apparently the coaching staff missed the game tape where Detroit stops the run five times in a row and then gives up a 20-25 yard gain. Been a pretty common theme this year for them...

wrong' date=' he had a really nice ypc average. the game plan just hasn't been committed to running either running back consistently....[/quote']

I agree that we need to run the ball more and throw to the RB more. Doesn't change the fact that our OLINE is not the same roadgrading unit without Otah. Also, Gross is not the same player he once was. If Newton wasn't a freak athlete, the pass blocking would look a lot worse.

I agree that we need to run the ball more and throw to the RB more. Doesn't change the fact that our OLINE is not the same roadgrading unit without Otah. Also, Gross is not the same player he once was. If Newton wasn't a freak athlete, the pass blocking would look a lot worse.

I never said the O-Line wasn't disappointing. They are, but when you have running backs who at points of certain games are averaging eight yards per carry and they only get five or six carries you have a big play calling problem....

Archived