• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

We gave up 35 second half points today....

CardiacCats

But the guy who is throwing the interceptions is the ONLY reason were in any of these games in the first place and he is a ROOKIE. What part of that you haters cant comprehend?!

Yeah keep thinking that. I saw our D get 3 turnovers to start off the game. Our O blew one in the red zone, then only got 3 points off the second one. Then our special teams scored for 7 points. Our D and special teams got our O 17 of their points.

Then our O disappeared for the 4th quarter just like our D . All we could do is throw a pick. Followed by 2 more in the 4th quarter.

And here's the worse part of our passing game:

Newton 22/38 280 7.4 1 4 50.2

Our best receiver:

Johnathan Stewart: Stewart 6 87 14.5 0 26

Kill Smith: Kill Cam. Tennessee did it. The Lions did it. It will continue to be copied forcing Cam to make throws to other receivers.

No, pressure Cam, kill Cam, I thought that was pretty obvious today.

It wasn't until late that Cam stopped trying to connect only deep. this is something he needs to learn to do more often. There's nothing wrong with shorter throws.

also I like that 7.4 is some terrible thing to highlight, when 7.4 would put him as the 11th highest YPA and within .1 of #10 as far as quarterbacks go.

You do realize that there's another team playing, right? They get paid to work on Sundays, too....

Exactly, The Lions are staying alive. We have a depleted D a rookie QB. Cam did enough to keep us in the game and the D did fine at first but got worn down.

Some people need to calm down. I'm drunk as *** but at least I'm not a sober pissed off asshole.

You do realize that there's another team playing, right? They get paid to work on Sundays, too....

So anytime a good play is made against us I'm not allowed to put blame on someone because the other team is also playing? Got it. So it's not Cam's fault for throwing a ball that got tipped. It's not Gamble's fault for bouncing off Smith like a pinball, Smith is also playing. I think I get it now, thanks for pointing that out for me.

Cam missed the throws that moves the offense, but if you want to include Chud and the OLine in there you can say the offense failed us not the defense.

The offense didn't do poo in the second half, didn't sustain drives, didn't score, and left the defense out the dry.(like they need help sucking)

If the offense scores and keeps the ball more that is less opportunities for the Lions to do what they did, that is a fact.

Also a fact, if you are watching the defense and expecting a stop,you are insane.

If the defense makes 1 play, just 1 play it is icing on the cake.

so what you're saying is that we should expect our rookie quarterback to need to score more than 40 points because our defense is so bad that we can't expect them to be able to contain an offense to under that?

seems to me defense deserves the majority of the blame. yes, offense contributed to this loss, but it's pretty clear to me that when you give up 35 2nd half points, the defense is doing something terribly wrong.

so what you're saying is that we should expect our rookie quarterback to need to score more than 40 points because our defense is so bad that we can't expect them to be able to contain an offense to under that?

seems to me defense deserves the majority of the blame. yes, offense contributed to this loss, but it's pretty clear to me that when you give up 35 2nd half points, the defense is doing something terribly wrong.

How many offensive players are on IR?

Archived