• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

We gave up 35 second half points today....

CardiacCats

Not really, threw 3 picks, one was when Gross was getting manhandled and ran into him, interrupting the pass, the other on a tip....he pretty much kept us in the game

Maybe we were watching different games. I'm having a hard time remembering more than a handful of passes he threw over 10 yards that were anything close to accurate. Not trying to hate on the kid, I love what he's done this season but I have to be honest.

Yes he was pressured, and yes there were drops. And while he's clearly not the sole reason they lost today, he's still the QB and he's got to shoulder at least some of the blame.

Two were tips. right? I have been saying for awhile not all Ints should count against the QB. But ya know stats tell the whole story...

If its tipped, then its still at least partially the qb's fault, at least in most cases.

That being said, I only blame two of the four on Cam. The first one was his arm being hit from behind as he threw. Not much a qb can do about that. The last one was desperation time, when the ball has to be forced.

Cam was inconsistent, no doubt about it. But there were some other bad plays on offense as well. Some dropped passes, and really bad protection from the oline (albeit against one of the best dline's in the NFL).

The front 7 on the defense just got abused in the second half. They didn't come close to stopping Detroit's running game or short passing game. Fua and Mcclain have to start picking it up next year. And we need to get the linebackers healthy.

but let's continue to throw all the blame on Cam and say The Golden Calf of Bristol would have won that game anyways, sheesh

suck for whoever the hell the best defender in the draft is

:confused: Who is blaming Cam?? I'm sure not blaming Cam one bit. Yes Cam has been sucky half the time in the past 2 games. But remember Cam is still a Rookie. If he was in his 3rd year playing this way. He would be on his way out. But Cam is not to be blame for all this. Our D without Beason and TD just plain sucks. Nothing more they can do or say at this point. We can keep pointing out how bad our D is every week. But it ain't going change until the offseason. So we just have to live with it and move on. It is life as a football fan. :cool:

Number of Lion TD Drives:

Number preceded immediately by Cam Newton turnover:

Tell me again that Cam lost us that game.

He didn't play well, but literally against any other team that has played this week, 35 points would have at worse tied the game.

Cam was inconsistent at best today, he still accounted for 3 TDs and tied the game late in the 4th. Defense was gassed and that was that.

Cam threw 4 ints I know 1 of them was in trash time, but Cam was part of the reason we lost today

so when your own lineman falls into you while you are throwing the ball and it goes off target...it's your fault.

or when kingkong suh bulldozes you while you are throwing the ball....it's your fault.

or when a guy in the secondary makes a fantastic play and jumps up and deflects the ball and it lands in the hand of an old safety...it's your fault.

ridiculous.

Two were tips yes, but I guess its not his fault for overthrowing guys 7 feet high either? I'm happy that he's a panther and we're better off with him than without him but I don't understand why it's illegal to ever criticize the guy for anything.

it's not illegal, BUT when people are saying that the defense is efficent and putting alot of blame on Newton and not on the defense (which should get most blame today) that is too much.

Archived