• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

We gave up 35 second half points today....

CardiacCats

Its one thing to whine about Cam if it's all the defense's fault, but the guy threw 4 picks. There is no excuse for that.

Two were tips. right? I have been saying for awhile not all Ints should count against the QB. But ya know stats tell the whole story...

At this point anyone who thinks the defense isn't the reason we lose games just needs to be shot. Cam made mistakes, but half of his mistakes is because he had to force things at the end due to defensive ineptitude to try and get us back into the game.

I want to know, if Cam isn't the guy, who the hell else would people rather see? Claussen? Anderson? If thats truly the way one feels then that can ONLY mean there is some deeper rooted problem with Cam Newton that doesn't include his on field play, but the color of his skin. I HATE playing that card but that is literally the ONLY logical argument.

Two were tips. right? I have been saying for awhile not all Ints should count against the QB. But ya know stats tell the whole story...

and the funny thing about tips are they can go EITHER way. Example, Robert Griffin the 3rd threw a pass that was tipped high and ended up caught for a touchdown.

Two were tips yes, but I guess its not his fault for overthrowing guys 7 feet high either? I'm happy that he's a panther and we're better off with him than without him but I don't understand why it's illegal to ever criticize the guy for anything.

We changed our defensive scheme in the second half. I don't know why, because the initial game plan was working in the first half. We stopped bringing as much pressure. We stopped filling up gaps, forcing our defensive ends to crash, which created outside running lanes. Then, with our soft LBs (pretty much all backups, mind you), we couldn't chase down the backs and beat them to the edge. Also, missed tackles.

The defense is to blame. 4 picks for Cam, two were picks, one was Cam having Gross in his lap, the other in garbage time. If you think Cam had as much to do, or more to do, with the loss today than the defense, then you do not know football.

Archived