• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

I missed the game

TheRealDeal

I've been reading about CJ's "selfish" play, CJ2k getting over 100, Olsen's fumble, etc.

What happened on those? What exactly did CJ do? Why did we lose this game?

Thanks for a quick one line summary.

Your like an itch on my balls that feels good to scratch but at the same time you just want it to go away.

On our first series, Stew dropped a second? third? down pass with a whole hell of a lot of field in front of him that probably would have been a 20 yard gain to cause us to punt on our first drive. Titans took that punt back for a TD. I think our special teams jogged off the field after the ball was in the air because it was probably the worst "coverage" I've ever seen.

We then marched down the field on some nice passes by Cam and some good runs. Cam found Olsen over the middle who promptly decided to drop the ball after getting a first down on the 8 yard line, which the Titans recovered. Shockey was injured at some point early and didn't see much action all game and Olsen's game was unfortunately defined by that fumble as he played miserably the rest of the way out, dropping easy passes.

The defense then gave up a 92 yard TD drive after that fumble, in part due to a missed tackle by Butler and a terrible angle by Martin that gave up a 43 yard TD.

Not to be outdone, the offense went 3 and out after a first down sack by the Titans (this was a theme all afternoon, OL was ATROCIOUS, likely in part due to Kalil being injured and out for a few plays, and playing injured the rest of the game)...

Defense looked like it was going to be real bad but they actually stiffened, holding the Titans to a FG and forcing like 5 punts on 8 possessions (and giving up FGs on the others). We kept CJ largely under control in the first half as far as carrying the ball (catching it is another thing...).

Unfortunately our offense never got going again, Mare missed a 50 yarder at the end of the half that seemed to me largely irrelevant (pretty sure Olsen dropped two passes in a row right before it, but I may just be remembering him worse than he was). Naanee played well overall (had some nice catches and had some key blocks on big runs by the RBs), but with Olsen and Shockey virtually absent and Smith blanketed, it was tough for Cam to do much. Once we got down by 20 we stopped even pretending to be interested in getting the ball to our backs most of the time, which made it easy for the Titans to zero in. Cam was sacked 5 times and harassed a dozen more times, only barely escaping. He was routinely stopped a yard short of the first down on his scrambles.

Cam also threw a TERRIBLE pass to Naanee at some point in the 4th that ended our last hope for a comeback. It was behind Naanee, he reached back for it and tipped it into the air, causing a Titan to pick it off. This was after he rifled one at short yardage to Smith, and the ball bounced off Smitty's hands. When Cam gets frustrated, he ups the velocity on his throws... kinda scary, haha.

Anyway, defense finally gave in and gave up a TD to CJ, but the game was long over...

Chud seemed to get away from our running backs after the first half for some reason. Dunno. Second loss of the year where our entire team played a key role, but the defense actually looked strangely better than the final statistics indicate.

edit: tho it was already answered, CJ's penalty extended a drive - but that didn't end up "mattering" because Gamble made a great play and picked off hasselbeck a few plays later I think.

Archived