• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Matt Moore leads Dolphins to second straight win

TheRealDeal

Wow some team sees Matt Moore play well in a zero pressure situation during a doomed season and it sparks speculation that he might be the guy going forward and they don't need no fancy pants quarterback. When has this happened before

Wow some team sees Matt Moore play well in a zero pressure situation during a doomed season and it sparks speculation that he might be the guy going forward and they don't need no fancy pants quarterback. When has this happened before

give me a fugging break. this whole "he's only good under no pressure!" thing is bullpoo.

sorry, but starting quarterback for some team everyone expects to be piss poor last year wasn't a high pressure situation, either. It's not as if Moore just buckled under the immense pressure of being the CAROLINA PANTHERS starting quarterback. Based on the rest of the season, I think it's more likely the entire team blew, especially early.

if moore can't handle pressure, how do we know? we've never seen him actually have a decent team around him save for the end of 2009... when he played well.

give me a fugging break. this whole "he's only good under no pressure!" thing is bullpoo.

sorry, but starting quarterback for some team everyone expects to be piss poor last year wasn't a high pressure situation, either. It's not as if Moore just buckled under the immense pressure of being the CAROLINA PANTHERS starting quarterback. Based on the rest of the season, I think it's more likely the entire team blew, especially early.

if moore can't handle pressure, how do we know? we've never seen him actually have a decent team around him save for the end of 2009... when he played well.

Probably came from the drop in performance in garbage time late 2009 to the performance to start 2010. QB rating from 98 to 55. 4-1 to 1-4. This with a pretty good D in 2010.

Then contrast what adding Cam did to basically the same Offensive talent in 2011. Obviously the 2011 D has been decimated with injuries.

That's all I could offer as an arguement.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/M/MoorMa01.htm

Probably came from the drop in performance in garbage time late 2009 to the performance to start 2010. QB rating from 98 to 55. 4-1 to 1-4. This with a pretty good D in 2010.

Then contrast what adding Cam did to basically the same Offensive talent in 2011. Obviously the 2011 D has been decimated with injuries.

That's all I could offer as an arguement.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/M/MoorMa01.htm

I am not saying Moore is better than Cam or whatever. But you can't compare those offenses. The offensive talent was increased a ton by the addition of Chud (most of all) and the two TEs.

In 2010, the team wasn't better off without Moore - pretty much the opposite, really - and that's all I can say about 2010. I don't think he crumbled under the pressure because I don't think there was that much pressure on him at the start of 2010. The team was bad (all of Fox's vets were cut), and Moore had no real run game to speak of. I do think we would have won more games if Moore hadn't been injured (probably only 1 or 2 more than we did with Jimmy, but still) so I am 'glad' in that respect since I like Cam... but I don't think what we saw was Moore crumbling under the pressure, just Moore getting a concussion then a shoulder injury.

By no means was he good that year, but at least he was moving the offense.

I am not saying Moore is better than Cam or whatever. But you can't compare those offenses. The offensive talent was increased a ton by the addition of Chud (most of all) and the two TEs.

In 2010, the team wasn't better off without Moore - pretty much the opposite, really - and that's all I can say about 2010. I don't think he crumbled under the pressure because I don't think there was that much pressure on him at the start of 2010. The team was bad (all of Fox's vets were cut), and Moore had no real run game to speak of. I do think we would have won more games if Moore hadn't been injured (probably only 1 or 2 more than we did with Jimmy, but still) so I am 'glad' in that respect since I like Cam... but I don't think what we saw was Moore crumbling under the pressure, just Moore getting a concussion then a shoulder injury.

By no means was he good that year, but at least he was moving the offense.

Yeah, just trying to post up some ideas on the perception some have of Moore. My perceprtion, decent backup, not starter quality NFL QB. Seems though, the offensive talent 2009 to 2010 was basically the same players with the same scheme on the field.

Archived