• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Batman ....forserious

Kurb

• 4 months later...

The wife brought a slim home for my birthday last week, along with madden 10, a car game for her, and a used MGS4. :D

I started out with MGS4, and didn't like all the scenes and especially fumbling through the item/weapon menus. :( I took it back yesterday, and after contemplating between Arkham Asylum and Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2, I decided on the Batman.

The game is sweet. I'm already about 25% through the Batman campaign cuz I'm hooked on it, and the wife is beginning to regret having gotten the console for me. I've seriously played at least 7 hrs of it since friday.

The fighting on it is so fluid I can't put the controller down. It's pretty dark too as expected. Especially the two parts where I've encountered the Scarecrow. The first time(in the morgue) the wife had to leave the room cuz the voices Batman was hearing were really getting to her. I've also already taken care of Bane. That was a pretty intense battle, and it has me looking forward to and even dreading meeting Killer Croc later in the game. With the amount of time it looks to take to complete the game, being able to play as the Joker on the PS3, and the challenges you can take on, I am sure this game is going to easily keep me entertained until Modern Warfare 2 comes out if not longer. :hurray:

I remember Batman back in the 70s... my mother was horrified to discover this guy in my comic book was literally killing criminals with reckless abandon. He was one of the coolest, then they pussified him in the 80s with all the stop the violence crap from Tipper Gore and the rest of that lunatic fringe. Shame too...

Batman killing people in the 70s? I didn't think he's done that since his first couple of appearances in the 30's. The 70's were when Batman started getting away from the camp of the 50's and 60's and began to be more serious under Denny O'Neil. Sometime in the middle 80's is when Batman started to really get dark after Frank Miller's (non-canon) "Dark Knight Returns."

The wife brought a slim home for my birthday last week, along with madden 10, a car game for her, and a used MGS4. :D

I started out with MGS4, and didn't like all the scenes and especially fumbling through the item/weapon menus. :( I took it back yesterday, and after contemplating between Arkham Asylum and Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2, I decided on the Batman.

The game is sweet. I'm already about 25% through the Batman campaign cuz I'm hooked on it, and the wife is beginning to regret having gotten the console for me. I've seriously played at least 7 hrs of it since friday.

The fighting on it is so fluid I can't put the controller down. It's pretty dark too as expected. Especially the two parts where I've encountered the Scarecrow. The first time(in the morgue) the wife had to leave the room cuz the voices Batman was hearing were really getting to her. I've also already taken care of Bane. That was a pretty intense battle, and it has me looking forward to and even dreading meeting Killer Croc later in the game. With the amount of time it looks to take to complete the game, being able to play as the Joker on the PS3, and the challenges you can take on, I am sure this game is going to easily keep me entertained until Modern Warfare 2 comes out if not longer. :hurray:

yeah i played the poo out of this game. it is a really good game.

Batman killing people in the 70s? I didn't think he's done that since his first couple of appearances in the 30's. The 70's were when Batman started getting away from the camp of the 50's and 60's and began to be more serious under Denny O'Neil. Sometime in the middle 80's is when Batman started to really get dark after Frank Miller's (non-canon) "Dark Knight Returns."

You'll have to forgive if I'm off on that one, as I was umm... 4 when I bought the comic. It was an annual issue, and I remember batman offing the bad guys a few times (mainly lesser villains). But, I admit, I could be wrong... I mean, I was four, so it's quite possible :lol:

Archived