• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Batman ....forserious

Kurb

I remember Batman back in the 70s... my mother was horrified to discover this guy in my comic book was literally killing criminals with reckless abandon. He was one of the coolest, then they pussified him in the 80s with all the stop the violence crap from Tipper Gore and the rest of that lunatic fringe. Shame too...

With that said, I was a Marvel reader. Batman was the only one from DC that had me even remotely interested. The other ones, even Superman, were too frilly comic hero types with silly costumes and stupid dialogue. Marvel at least had some cool guys in it: Gambit, Wolverine, et al. Plus, they had some cool crossovers and special comics like GI Joe and Transformers.

Yeah, I know, I was a comic book geek, but you have to admit, Snake Eyes was the poo ;)

i've always been a Marvel reader, too. growing up i would take out the trash at the local comic shop in exchange for free comics (and airheads).

the Marvel Universe is just more real. as someone said, it's less black and white. the characters are deeper with more complex stories and motivations. plus it helps that everything isn't set in made up cities.

Gambit sucked beyond all belief.

he has potential. he's had two solo books but wasn't blessed with very good writers (john layman. claim to fame: marvel zombies and xena).

if he finally got his own title written by someone like greg pak or craig kyle he could become a really good character.

Graphics, save for MAYBE Metal Gear Solid 4, are exactly the same, and in some ways, better on 360 due to the fact that Developers can get more out of the 360 because its easier to develop for. Word I hear is, they develop for the 360, then port to the PS3. I got both, and some games look identical, while others look slightly better on 360. MGS4 being the exception, that game looks fantastic, but you better like cut-scenes.

But this is due (and by no means am I an expert, I'm barely even a game-player) to the fact that they're made for X-Box first, then the PS3. But MGS4 demonstrated what the PS3 could do, I think, and when more games go direct-to-PS3, like Final Fantasy 13, for instance, I think the difference will become more apparent.

But this is due (and by no means am I an expert, I'm barely even a game-player) to the fact that they're made for X-Box first, then the PS3. But MGS4 demonstrated what the PS3 could do, I think, and when more games go direct-to-PS3, like Final Fantasy 13, for instance, I think the difference will become more apparent.

Final Fantasy 13 will be coming out on the 360 the same time as the PS3 buddy....btw, I like your taste in games.

Gambit sucked beyond all belief.

Them's fightin words Bub!!

Just remember.. Gambit is the only one (outside Magneto) to really give Wolverine a run for his money. Wait til the new movie comes out, you'll see he's pretty cool. If not, oh well... he'll still be my favorite comic book hero regardless.

Archived