• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Good Job Marty!!

TruCatzFan

Albert had more pressures and the same amount of hits as McClain in 218 less snaps.

The guy still produces, he just had a four pressure game vs PITT while playing less then a third of the snaps.

He would be among the leader boards but NE just didnt give him alot of snaps, due to scheme.

Dont know if he was worth the baggage, but he is far from washed up.

Most of these people haven't watched the guy play a single snap. I can understand not wanting his contract, but like another poster said, this is what he has wanted all along...to play in a 4-3 and rush the passer. Anybody who thinks that guy can't play just don't know what they're talking about.

Most of these people haven't watched the guy play a single snap. I can understand not wanting his contract, but like another poster said, this is what he has wanted all along...to play in a 4-3 and rush the passer. Anybody who thinks that guy can't play just don't know what they're talking about.

You guys do know that the Patriots switched to the 4-3 this year, right? Just to make sure that Haynesworth could be exercised to his full potential. Thus the reason the Pats have been signing people like Marcus Harrison, to give them experience with the 4-3.

It was a money issue more than anything. I would have taken a chance on him. Beli's threw Butler into our laps...

I think there was more to the Haynesworth story than just money. There's the report of an argument with a coach, the mysterious "rotational benching" by Belichick, then there's the releasing, and after that, there's the guy from the Boston Globe who just flat-out said Haynesworth stopped competing against the Giants, which ultimately led to his release.

Also, in that same report, there was a group of players saying that Haynesworth needed to go sooner, rather than later. So obviously, he was causing a rift in the locker room.

Tampa is under a lot of pressure to win games after going 10-6 last year. The sense is that they are regressing. When they lost McCoy for the season they had to make a move. It makes sense for them to pick Haynesworth up. And it made sense for New England to try and say great things about him after dumping him so they avoid having to pay him over 5 million in 2011. Lets be real, it wasn't scheme that caused them to let him go, they run mostly a 4-3 now which is exactly what Haynesworth should excel in at this point. New England thought he would be a big help to their system and when they ended up at the bottom of the barrel and he didn't make much of an impact, they cut him loose. That is consistent with their MO.

As for us, why would we pick him up for 8 games when we aren't a contender right now, would have to cut a DT to keep him most likely and he servs no longterm benefit for us. And we surely wouldn't be keping him next year at his salary.

It is a good gamble for Tampa and it would have been a bad pickup for us. It doesn't really matter how he plays for Tampa. It was not a good option for us in any case.

The guy can play with the best of them. In fact when motivated he can dominate his opponent. He reminds a lot of Kris Jenkins. When Jenkins got pissed he was unstoppable. Problem was that he didn't get pissed enough and took plays offs. Haynesworth can dominate but the question is why doesn't he do that all the time. And the answer has to be inconsistent motivation.

Oh for the love of god, grow up. He said you were bitching and whining. He didn't personally attack you.

Oh for the lover of God... I'm a grown ass man, that has more cOmbat deployments than you can dream about. Your family is aafe because of MEN like me.

In Essence He called me a bitch, and I told him to go fug himself.

I get the hit and he gets nothing. Mod impartially and maybe I wouldn't complain.

If u want to disagree about not picking up a player that's fine... But I won't sit here and allow my character to be attacked because I think our FO made a mistake by not picking up a damned football player.

I won't let anyone sit here and ever discredit who I am as a person outside of your little online world. Nor would anyone have the balls to say such things to my face.

This place has become a product of poor leadership... You guys let it get this way. Don't worry, if you bam me or even ip ban me, I won't try to circumvent the system by creating a new user name or even logging on from one of my several laptops.

It's amazing the poo that some people can get away with on this board as opposed to others that get no leeway. Anybody reading this post knows it to be a fact!

Whatever, I'm done with this bullpoo... Oh and while everybody wants to jump my ass.... They shouldn't have fired Joe Pa... Too soon, never let him talk.

If it comes out later that he knew mire than the vague details being reported then fine. He deserved one last home game after 61 years either way.

See ya, as I'm sure I'll get banned for this post. It's been real.

If I don't miraculously get banned for standing up to "the man" then I'll be around if not... Best of luck to everyone on this board. I hope and wish for nothing but success for each of you in your future endeavors, whatever they may be.

The fact if the matter is that the Huddle Is a prime example of the "good ole boy" system.

If u do ban me please transfer al my swag and pi to Smitty 89 for creating that sweet ass cam video!

Lol you're the first one to whine about ANYTHING, yeah we already know you don't like Hurney and the decisions he's made, but what was so special about a washed up, nasty attitude, poor work ethic DT? And let's not even talk about your over-exaggeration on gameday when there's a chat and thread already dedicated to it. Give me a break, and grow some thicker skin since you're a "grown ass man".

Lol you're the first one to whine about ANYTHING, yeah we already know you don't like Hurney and the decisions he's made, but what was so special about a washed up, nasty attitude, poor work ethic DT? And let's not even talk about your over-exaggeration on gameday when there's a chat and thread already dedicated to it. Give me a break, and grow some thicker skin of you're "grown ass man".

Where have I ever pissed and moaned about Hurney before?????

Go find it! You're gonna be gone looking forever but I haven't!

What have I whined about in the past? Again please point this out. No quotes necesary on this one. Just generalizations will be good enough for this question.

As far as the player in question... We have a glaring need. I probably wouldn't have cared as much but the dude is in our division. To me if He succeeds, this board would implode because we missed out, with an obvious hole to fill... If ^He continues playing like ^He has... Then obviously it's no big deal. Heaven forbid (knock on wood) ^He causes a serious injury for one of our players.

I don't understand why anyone would want to sign Haynesworth. He's over the hill and washed up. If he was still playing at a high level I wouldn't care if he was a pain in the ass in the locker room or punched a hole in our pockets. But he's not even playing like an average DT. McClain and Fua are both better than him at this stage in his career and our two young DT's are only going to grow and get better. Haynesworth is only going to get worse and his attitude and work ethic is awful. I don't understand why any team would want to sign these guy. He doesn't fill a need. All he does is create more problems.

Archived