• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Gruden to talk about Cam Pre-Season and Now on ESPN...

KBRed

Recap:

Gruden loves how he dresses...'look how this cat dresses', 'those are some fine threads'

Already is a leader and everyone trusts him.

Loves the redzone package the Panthers have placed. I don't know how you stop him.

Talked about controversy with '36'. Play-calling is not a problem. Every series QB coach talks to Cam. They have more formations than most. You know who is coaching Cam...that's Mike Schula. An Alabama guy coaching an Auburn guy...how sick is this world?

Can he make it happen under center? He can execute any kind of pass/play action pass with ease.

You are looking at the certified, unanimous ROTY as long as he takes care of himself.

To quote Gruden: "I think you're looking at the certified, legitimate, unanimous rookie of the year.."

...as long as he takes care of himself.

I was quickly recapping while watching, tried to edit a few statements...but definitely not quotes from Gruden.

Gruden set him up with the playcalling thing... it's funny now that he says it isn't a big deal. Gruden knew damn well what Auburn's playcalling scheme was before he asked the question.

Gruden also knows the purpose of that show was to get people to watch.

Well this is nice and all, but honestly I've never heard Gruden say anything bad about anyone for as long as he's worked at ESPN. He's the most overwhelmingly positive commentator I've ever heard :p

Gruden set him up with the playcalling thing... it's funny now that he says it isn't a big deal. Gruden knew damn well what Auburn's playcalling scheme was before he asked the question.

We all know that Cam knew his own offense and that the Gruden segment is meaningless, but Cam DID blow that interview. Gruden didn't ask an unfair question, HE might have known what Auburn's playcalling scheme but Gruden didn't do these things just to get a better understanding of Auburn, he's not a scout he works for ESPN.

He wanted Cam to explain to America what his playcalling scheme was, and Cam didn't do a good job at all. Luckily that doesn't matter on the field.

Archived