• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

NFL Turning Point: Panthers vs Vikings (Video)

Tarheels23

I'm glad Rivera doesn't blow up on his players during the game and probably not too many times off the field. I think he saw what happen in Chicago with Ditka. Watching the NFLN Football life shows that his act of blowing up on players for not doing it his way got old after the Super Bowl and the players started to hate him.

I'm glad Rivera doesn't blow up on his players during the game and probably not too many times off the field. I think he saw what happen in Chicago with Ditka. Watching the NFLN Football life shows that his act of blowing up on players for not doing it his way got old after the Super Bowl and the players started to hate him.

Greg Olson did an interview a few days ago and said that Rivera had a great reputation with his former players in Chicago, and that he really enjoyed playing for him now. Ron comes across as being a straightforward and honest coach, who doesn't play head games with his players.

He asks for their best effort and lets them know when they don't live up to it, but doesn't put them down when their best effort lets him down. All you can ask for is execution and effort, can't manufacture talent out of thin air, and I think some coaches buy into their own motivational hype and believe they can make subpar players play like Pro Bowlers every game.

Players got tired of Ditka's narcissism, Rex Ryan reminds me of Ditka soon the players will get tired of him as well.

That was nice except for the loss. Having not seen the final drive, I didn't realize Cam got down to the 1 yard line.

Yep first and goal should have been our situation. We would have won that game but the officials made certain that we didn't. I sense conspiracy by the league. There I said it! :prrr:

Cam Newton is the best thing that has ever happened to this organization. I can't imagine us not winning a super bowl under his leadership at some point in his career. It took Rivera 3 years to get San Diego to the #1 Defense in the NFL. If he can do anything close to that with our team, then we will be VERY hard to beat. I am so happy to be a Panthers fan.

Archived