• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

I need DVD player advice

Hairless Cat

A BluRay player (BDP) is about the only source that will give you 1080p, without scaling. Most BDPs will upscale a standard DVD so you wont have to replace your collection. A PS3 used to be the most inexpensive BDP, but that has changed now. hepcat is right though, no BDP will play games as well..Try a pawn shop to save you a few bucks....

Dont spend more than a few bucks on an HDMI, monoprice.com has them very reasonable. Most new BDPs will stream Neflix, Blockbuster, Pandora, etc already, just need a network connection in the back...

If you spent the money on a 1080p TV you should go ahead and get something to take advantage of that. Blu-Ray is really the only thing that will allow you to utilize your TV.

I still think the PlayStation 3 is the best on the market and does a poo load more than any other player. Downloadable content, games, wireless or wired network connection, etc.

You can get a decent Blu-Ray player for about 1/3 of the cost of a PS3 though, last time I looked.

Archived