• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Bye Mare!

TruCatzFan

Definitely can't pin this on Mare. Our offense had three straight 3 and outs in the 2nd half. THREE STRAIGHT!!! That's 2010 Panthers offense kind of bad and I was very disappointed. Not to mention our defense being incredible on 1st and 2nd downs but then giving up every 3rd down play known to man. :confused:

This loss stung bad, but it's a collective loss, not Mare's fault.

thats been the panthers for the past 10 years

I'm not talking about what happened itself, I'm talking about how crazy people react to it. If these people have real lives every time they experience a minor setback they must freak the hell out.

I was just thinking how i used to rage over a game. It would literally impact my week until at least wednesday when the panthers lost. Id love for life to be that simple again.

Overreact much, people?

Misses a FG and you want him gone. Here's a clue: Kasay would have been gone years ago using the same logic....

Using the same logic on Kasay you're trying to apply to Mare means Kasay would not have been here either since he should have been cut before getting on the plane following his epic Super Bowl blunder. Not to mention the few other games he missed potential game -winners or game tying FGs...

I'm sure most of the reactions of the fans don't compare to how Mare himself feels but none the less, the team is still standing behind him making sure he does not take all the blame on himself and that speaks volumes.

Cam Newton right after the game: “Anyone who thinks this game came down to the last possession is a fool.”

oh one more thing... wished they would have used that last timeout just to make sure they set up right or at least be able to take their time for that missed FG. I know it doesn't mean or say much to most but dislike seeing timeouts unused. That entire setup for that kick seemed rushed to me and too much conveniently "expected" to be made b/c we see it so much in other games but that was Mare's first time in that situation with this team.

This loss is on Mare. Sure, we had chances to pull away and made other mistakes, but we were in position to go to O.T. and he missed an easy kick. I mean, it happens sometimes and that's just the way it is with kickers.

Kasay probably would've made that kick, but his kickoffs would probably be returned almost every time and with our special teams coverage that's not a good thing. My only concern with Mare is if he continues to struggle in high pressure situations.

Let's just say for shits and giggles that he makes that kick 99-100 times... He missed the one that counted. It's that simple. He did NOT lose us the game, ^He prevented U's from possibly winning the game in OT.

I don't put the loss on Mare... That's on our O/D

But you can't sit here and fuggin tell me that you have faith in Mare to make that kick in the future. I won't! I love how people around here act like they are players being interviewed by the media by saying "the right things" be REAL and tell us how you really feel.

signing mare and releasing kasay was a sign that this team is not going to rely on a FG kicker to win games etc. The idea is to put up so many points, he wont have to. Stay Tuned to a dynasty in the making.

I understand, and feel the same way... But damn bro... he's missed an ep and a game tying 32 yarder (the ones that stick out the most)

This year just sucks. Cam being so awesome makes it all the more frustrating... If he was a "The Golden Calf of Bristol" type pooty QB, or even mediocre these losses wouldn't hurt as much because we could say we're just re-building around a rookie QB.

The fact of the matter is that Camis a a Beast, and has us in the position to win games. I don't understand how we have so many weapons that we don't put points on the board on every drive. They need to figure it out in these next 8 games. It would be nice if they learned how to win this year, so that we can carry on that momentum next year.

Bring in some guys through FA, have a strong draft... and then take the League by storm next year.

Archived