• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Bye Mare!

TruCatzFan

My goodness, even some of the best kickers in the league are going to miss one once in a while, even at short yardage, even at the worst possible time.

This isn't Mare's only blunder - this is why everyone is so upset. Plus, when your team cuts a kicker b/c he is too old and he has a Pro Bowl year that doesn't help.

LOL at all the mad people blaming Mare for us not getting into OT... where we still could've lost.

THIS is the only thing you need to know: we never should've been in that position in the first place. Our piss poor defense allowed a rookie QB to keep the Vikings in the game. Our piss poor O-Line allowed two massive sacks on Cam who fumbled. Our piss poor O-Line once again made our run game look like crap. Mare was simply one part of a bad day.

Kasay 16/19 FGs this season

Mare 13/16 FGs this season

Mare is 2nd in the NFL in touchbacks with 27

Kasay's misses come from 40+. 2 of Mare's have been less than 40. Just because they both have missed three doesn't mean anything without taking distance into account.

Guess we now know why Seattle axed him when they did. I think a kicker's success rides on the kicks that matter the most - meaning blown game-winners or game-tying FG's can crap all over a good overall percentage. I get that he's a touchback machine, but that miss today is the kind of kick he has to make for the paycheck he's getting.

I don't think anyone is saying Mare lost us the game. The big deal is he had a chance to be the hero and tie it up (I don't think that was a holding call) and didn't. Think back to the NO game and Brees driving NO down the field. Cam did the same thing today, but his team isnt playing to his level. Unbelievable loss. This one hurt.

does no one remember kasay losing the cleveland game for us last season?

how many times must it be said? Will I have to say it in every thread until you start getting it?

Kasay is afforded grace because he is a known clutch kicker who slipped up.

Mare is the opposite. Mare. Melts. In big moments.

I'm going to keep emphasizing this until it is understood-what we saw from him today should have surprised noone.

Definitely can't pin this on Mare. Our offense had three straight 3 and outs in the 2nd half. THREE STRAIGHT!!! That's 2010 Panthers offense kind of bad and I was very disappointed. Not to mention our defense being incredible on 1st and 2nd downs but then giving up every 3rd down play known to man. :confused:

This loss stung bad, but it's a collective loss, not Mare's fault.

Archived