• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Flame all you want I'm becoming more and more concerned of Cams terrible second halfs

CardiacCats

People know I'm unbiased right when it comes to what happens on the field? I'm also one of the biggest Cam fans on this board and was pro-Cam when that wasn't cool.

That said, TC has a point. Cam has choked plenty of times so far this year and choked in the 2nd half today before 4th and 14. He's a rookie that just finished his first half of his first season, so I'm not worried, but he's absolutely not a clutch player as of now.

Are you kidding me???? What about that 40 yard bomb to Lafell on 3rd down? Or that first down run that ultimately would have put us in position to win had it not been for the holding call on smith.

I'm not concerned about anything regarding Cam. Most of us thought Clausen or DA would be playing this year while Cam learned on the bench. Look how much he's learned in this short time with no offseason. The fact he's playing this season is just icing on the cake for me, I won't be upset with anything he does this season. Next season will be the time for criticism. Just enjoy the ride

Yeah, once again a delusional Panthers fan see the opportunity to start a thread accusing Cam of being the teams problem...Yeah keep smoking that stuff.

It seems like u can quickly over look a defense who never seems to know when to show up and a special team who seems to think every kick or punt shouldn't have much meaning and blame the QB who is doing more than his share of work on the field..

Yes, take the road way to many have traveled and blame the most hardest working person on the team for not working hard enough...Figures some of u feel that having a task-master like attitude towards Cam while ignoring the REAL issues of this team, will bring about wins. Dream on...Dream on.

Maybe u can use ur argument as reasons to trade in Cam for Andrew Luck and see how many wins he can bring this team by himself.

People know I'm unbiased right when it comes to what happens on the field? I'm also one of the biggest Cam fans on this board and was pro-Cam when that wasn't cool.

That said, TC has a point. Cam has choked plenty of times so far this year and choked in the 2nd half today before 4th and 14. He's a rookie that just finished his first half of his first season, so I'm not worried, but he's absolutely not a clutch player as of now.

Unlike this team, other teams actually try to help their rookie QBs. Go ask Andy Dalton, who throw his own ball in the wrong direction in today's game against the See Hawks. The Bengals are helping that rookie QB win and today the Vikings helped their rookie QB win. But not the Panthers..They expect their rookie QB to help them win week in and out regardless if the rest of the team show up or not. And u wonder why the Panthers is sitting at 2-6 instead of higher...Hmmmm. :smilielol5::smilielol5:

Simple and Plain...regardless of Cam being an amazing rookie and an improved offense....this team just isn't ready to win. They just are not over the hump yet. Too many penalties, mistakes and missed tackles. Can't win when you shoot yourself in the foot week in and week out. There are too many average to below average players on this team.

some of you guys are lol. amidst all the highlights and good plays you still somehow forget that the guy is a rookie. you place unreasonable expectations, are not satisfied when they are surpassed, are incredulous when they are not met, and never cease to find something bad to focus on. if you check splits for rookie qbs i bet you'll find that nearly all of them have worse splits in the second half of games (gee, i wonder why that might happen). as badly as you want cam to perform like one of the best qbs in the league b/c of his potential, and as much as you may want to believe he is at that level b/c of flashes of brilliance and his stats-- that is not what he is at this present time. he is a talented player who is inexperienced and it is going to show late in games and later in the year as coordinators get a feel for him. the sooner you realize this the better off you will be

edit:

also i was skeptical as to this claim as it sounded like selective memory and what do you know-- it is

1st Half: 74/120, 61.7% 978 yds 8.2 y/a 4 tds, 4 ints, 8 sacks (58 yds), 28 rushes 161 yds, 5.8 ypc, 2tds, 2 fumbles

2nd Half: 78/132 59.1%, 1125 yds, 8.5 y/a 4tds, 5 ints, 6 sacks (30 yds) 29 rushes, 105 yds, 3.6 y/a, 5tds 0 fumbles.

but yeah newton consistently has terrible second halves. wat. you should not trust your eyes, as it's clear the close losses have skewed your perception of his play in 2nd halves. if you want to point out relative statistical regression then you could have said something about during the 2 minute drill statistically. anyway it is also absurd to place all the blame on him, just as it as been absurd to give him all the credit

also, something many of you are either unwilling to accept, or have not realized is that the staff is quite clearly grooming newton. do you honestly think they don't know that they could increase our chances of winning these games by adjusting the play-calling and relying on newton less? they are prepared to give him the opportunity to win and lose games now b/c he has shown the capacity already, and that is ultimately their vision for this team in future. i don't have a problem with it either b/c it will expedite his development. if that means we go 4-12 instead of 6-10 this year then so be it. it will pay dividends down the road

cliff notes: if you think cam is choking then you were off base in your assessment to begin with and have naturally reached a silly conclusion given where you started. drudgesiren.jpg-- rookies play worse than veterans in crunch time

Archived