• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Flame all you want I'm becoming more and more concerned of Cams terrible second halfs

CardiacCats

I still don't see what more some of you need to know how bad he is in the 4th quarter when trying to post a game winning drive or comeback win than a 60.0 QB average rating in 6 losses.

That's pretty freaking clear. This is a losing QB rating. Garbage even. Great is 120+. Good is 100+. 80-90 is average. But 60.0? That's just garbage. It's a an F. And whether it's a 30 or 50 or a 60, it's still an F.

Your other quarters don't matter if this is how you end a close game. This is the equivalent of getting A's throughout med school but failing your MCAT. You're not going to become a doctor even if your GPA is perfect. In the NFL you're not going to be a winning QB with a 60.0 4th quarter QB rating when tied or down by 7 points or less.

It's just not going to happen. Cam's only putting up good numbers in the first 3 quarters, and are often smeared by turnovers, giving away points to other teams.

Newton can't afford to have turnovers like Dalton can. Dalton can play like ass, and his defense can carry him.

Newton has to be near perfect in order for the Panthers to win. Jags, Redskins, both wins with Newton having 0 turnovers. Our defense sucks, our special teams sucks.

You can't expect a rookie qb to have 0 turnovers every game. It's not going to happen.

Newton can't afford to have turnovers like Dalton can. Dalton can play like ass, and his defense can carry him.

Newton has to be near perfect in order for the Panthers to win. Jags, Redskins, both wins with Newton having 0 turnovers. Our defense sucks, our special teams sucks.

You can't expect a rookie qb to have 0 turnovers every game. It's not going to happen.

Really? Why, has our offense not been in a position to win the game in every single loss in the 4th quarter?

Newton just has to be average, not perfect, in the 4th quarter for us to win.

Really? Why, has our offense not been in a position to win the game in every single loss in the 4th quarter?

Come from behind victories are not easy to pull off. Brees couldn't do it today, nor could Brady, and yet you expect a rookie to do it every single week?

The loss was a team effort. The special teams might be collectively the worst in the history in the NFL (awful kick coverage, awful kick returning/holding onto the ball, awful punt coverage, awful kicking). I'm sorry but Captain Munnerlyn cannot play corner in this league. He struggles to cover practice squad fodder on a weekly basis. Our safeties are consistently out of position. Our linebackers can't cover a tight end doing a simple hook. Our d tackles get little to no push. Our O line messes up blocking assignments on a regular basis. We have absolutely no discipline whatsoever. And I hate to admit it but Cam doesn't play the second half the way he does the first. Part of it is atrocious play calling, but part of it him missing some throws. But the kid is the best rookie QB the NFL has ever seen so give him some time. The thing the has me the most worked up is Gamble's missed tackle. That is completely inexcusable for an 8 year veteran. Anyways rant over. I was at the game and enjoyed it. That's all I can ask for.

Pi'd.....because I felt pity.

Newton didn't march the Panthers down the field and get the lead against the Cardinals and Saints, in the final few minutes of each game?

How has the Panthers defense played? After the Panthers offense scores in the fourth, how often does the Panthers defense allow the opposing team to walk right on down the field and get a score of their own?

Saints for example. Did you really expect Newton to lead the Panthers down the field, to score again, with 50 seconds left on the clock? Despite the fact he had just got them the lead, with just over 2 minutes left? Seriously? It's a team effort.

Like I said, in order for the Panthers to win, it seems their rookie qb can't turn the ball over at all, since their defense can't bail him out. Basically, he has to turn the ball over as few times as Aaron Rodgers, while still generating an obscene amount of TDs, in order for the Panthers to win games on a consistent basis. What rookie qb has ever done that?

We lost today for 4 reasons, 3 of which were our own fault:

- Porous defense that let the Vikings have a long drive late in the game like every team that beats us has.

- Cam and the offense didn't have a 1st down in the 2nd half until the 4th and 14 pass on the final drive.

- Mare's epic chokejob

- Officiating

I just signed on to say that was exactly what I was thinking. The reasoning could not be stated any better than that.

In a nutshell this is why we lost. The biggest reason is the D, but that has been the case all year. As frustrated as I am watching the game, I keep hoping that they will improve each week to suprise me.

I am just going to have to lower my expectations and my blood pressure for the rest of the year and hope to be pleasently surprised.

I still don't see what more some of you need to know how bad he is in the 4th quarter when trying to post a game winning drive or comeback win than a 60.0 QB average rating in 6 losses.

That's pretty freaking clear. This is a losing QB rating. Garbage even. Great is 120+. Good is 100+. 80-90 is average. But 60.0? That's just garbage. It's a an F. And whether it's a 30 or 50 or a 60, it's still an F.

Your other quarters don't matter if this is how you end a close game. This is the equivalent of getting A's throughout med school but failing your MCAT. You're not going to become a doctor even if your GPA is perfect. In the NFL you're not going to be a winning QB with a 60.0 4th quarter QB rating when tied or down by 7 points or less.

It's just not going to happen. Cam's only putting up good numbers in the first 3 quarters, and are often smeared by turnovers, giving away points to other teams.

I don't even know what you are talking about anymore. Where are you hand-picking stats from to come up with this 60 number you keep throwing around?

These are his quarter-by-quarter stats from NFL.com.

Quarters Att Comp Pct Yds Avg Lng TD Int 1st 1st% 20+ Sck Rate

1st Quarter 67 42 62.7 634 9.5 77 3 2 22 32.8 8 3 96.2

2nd Quarter 70 43 61.4 496 7.1 39 3 2 22 31.4 9 7 85.2

3rd Quarter 52 34 65.4 546 10.5 43 1 3 23 44.2 12 1 82.7

4th Quarter 98 55 56.1 717 7.3 62 4 2 32 32.7 11 6 84.4

Its not Cam. Chud seems to get conservative in the 4th qrt of games. Im pissed about losing. But Cam nearly lead a 4th qrt comeback, If not for that stupid holding penalty.We just need to clean up on the penalties, and turnovers. Keep in mind this is a young team, with a totally new offensive and defensive scheme. They will get it together.

Cam sure as heck wasn't the reason the Panthers lost today. Special teams lost another one for us. If it's not us messing up covering punts and kickoffs it's the field goal kicker missing an easy 30 yarder!

Cam is playing WAY above expectations so far ... especially for a rookie NFL QB. He's not perfect, but you can already tell that he's going to be a star in the NFL. Cam should be happy with his 117.6 QB rating today.

Hopefully, Cam can get the whole offense to get hungrier and play harder the closer they get to that goal line. Chud needs to figure out THE best red zone plays that work and make make sure Cam and the offense practice them to perfection. We have the bye week next Sunday, so they have lots of time to do it.

Obviously, the coaches need to flog the special teams guys pretty good in practice over the next 2 weeks. Work them hard. Make Olindo Mare practice his kicks over and over in every conceivable scenario ... rain, sleet, snow, dome, no dome, whatever. Special teams shouldn't be the reason a team loses on Sunday! Come on man.

Archived