• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Bank of America Stadium awaits the return of.............

Tarheels23

Davidson did a pretty good job when he had a qb that was at least semi competent (Delhomme in 2008 prior to playoffs). To be fair to him, he rarely had much to work with in the passing game. Hard to call a decent game when your quarterback is an interception waiting for a place to happen.

Yep, and he ran the offense Fox wanted to run. Fox was a good coach in a lot of ways but I think his biggest shortcoming was his desire to micromanage every part of the team. Dude wasn't an offensive coach, but he always hired coordinators who'd be willing to run the system he wanted. One of my biggest hopes for Rivera is that he won't get a big head after a little early success and try to run every part of the team.

You guys are such sheep.

Fox was the issue. The coordinator before Davidson was also supposed to be too conservative, and when he left here for Miami, he implemented the Wildcat.

Nothing about Ponder and the Vikings last week looked anything like the Panthers last season or any season under Fox. Wake up. He did what Fox wanted, same with the D coordinator Turgo, who I think won a Super Bowl with the Packers just last year.

Wanna start a thread taunting Turgo?

davidson is the oline coach in minny. you giving him credit for how things went?

trgocrap is the dline coach for the packers. you going to give him credit for that superbowl?

both are now essentially cogs, which is what they should have been rather than coordinators here. both sucked at that job.

so did henning, btw. henning had one trick....the wildcat. ran it here once. ran it a ton in miami. teams figured out how to stop it and the dolphins sat on the bottom pretty much ever since. henning got fired in miami, btw. know why? he was considered ineffective and really....get this...uncreative and predictable.

btw....we had plenty of threads taunting trgocrap when he was here. mainly because he sucked. when he left here, there was much rejoicing. sure fox sucked, but that didn't mean that he didn't have sucky coordinators as well.

You guys are such sheep.

Fox was the issue. The coordinator before Davidson was also supposed to be too conservative, and when he left here for Miami, he implemented the Wildcat.

Nothing about Ponder and the Vikings last week looked anything like the Panthers last season or any season under Fox. Wake up. He did what Fox wanted, same with the D coordinator Turgo, who I think won a Super Bowl with the Packers just last year.

Like someone said earlier in the thread, our coordinators were nothing more than positions coaches.

When you were a defensive coordinator for a 12-4 team and the best offer you get is D-Line coach....

You guys are such sheep.

Might be right. I remember the first season...in a preseason game (against the Giants I think...but not sure) I remember seeing some creative stuff from the offense..and it worked! I thought we had fixed the problem. Never saw those plays again. Surprised Davidson hung around till the end. Makes Trgo look smart.

You guys are such sheep.

Helps having Adrian Peterson.

Archived