• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

First Take: Film Room - Cam Newton (Video)

Tarheels23

Surprisingly they nailed every single point right about Cam Newton. And I mean EVERY point. This video should be archived.

People need to stop hating on these guys because this is the first time I have seen any crew actually dissect Cam perfectly. Including how they ended it with the most important thing being his poise and ability to lead veterans, because without that supreme confidence, none of those other things would be possible.

And even's Skip comment about Smith helping Cam, not just Cam helping Smith, though some may seem as him hating....even that was on point. Not too much gushing, not too little. You can tell they are actually watching him and watching him objectively now.

Surprisingly they nailed every single point right about Cam Newton. And I mean EVERY point. This video should be archived.

People need to stop hating on these guys because this is the first time I have seen any crew actually dissect Cam perfectly. Including how they ended it with the most important thing being his poise and ability to lead veterans, because without that supreme confidence, none of those other things would be possible.

And even's Skip comment about Smith helping Cam, not just Cam helping Smith, though some may seem as him hating....even that was on point. Not too much gushing, not too little. You can tell they are actually watching him and watching him objectively now.

The man-genius and Jamele Hill made that possible. That show isn't always that good. Depends completely on subject and who sits on with Bayless.

Cam's performance, skill, and leadership don't lie. Eventually, the journalists who have doubted will have to own up to this guy's ability and what he has accomplished so far. As they say, haters gonna hate, but with each passing week of the season, the doubters have to stop clinging to the hope that he will fail or his true colors will show.

This is an extremely talented quarterback, and for what he's done so far as a rookie, on a team that was 2-14 a year ago, if anyone can say he's been anything short of amazing should be discounted as having an opinion that's worth a poo.

/rant

Mangini is very well spoken...might be one of the best analysts on ESPN right now. Dude needs more airtime on the Sunday Pregame show doing this kind of play analysis it's very good

I've felt the exact same way. He does an excellent job of breaking down a play. I've learned a lot from his segments about coverages, etc.

Archived