• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Inside the NFL - Another Cam Newton Segment (Video)

Tarheels23

I love how at 1:00 the 96 and Orakpo are saying he is not that fast.

And then the next play he is running right past Orakpo for a TD.

LOL, I like that they edited it that way.

I will say that when Cam is running, he doesn't look like he's moving that fast because he's so big and has such a long stride... but you realize how fast he's moving when he passes someone.

I quit watching them back when they were on HBO.

When it first started back in the 70's it was all about highlights from all of the games. It got to the point that they would only show clips from 4 or 5 games and then have a bunch of stupid ass segments where the panel fought to gobble the nuts of Brady/Brees/Manning et al.

Has it returned to its former glory or is it still a bunch of over hyped talking heads trying to be louder than each other?

I think its pretty good. The best part imo, are the NFL Films highlights. They do the bigger games of the week. Sometimes they have some really good interviews/insight. James Brown is one of the best in the game imo.

I don't think anyone in the media that's compared The Golden Calf of Bristol with Cam has done it without pointing out the big difference between them.

But they are worth comparing in that they were both heavily scrutinized as far as being able to win in the NFL. But everyone in the media has made it pretty clear you can't compare the two in terms of skill and talent at the QB postion.

But intangibles, you certainly can. You gotta give it to The Golden Calf of Bristol...his biggest card is that he appears to find a way to win the game in the end. That's probably the most important aspect of a QB. And honestly, I'd rather have that over anything else. Granted it was against Miami, so they're jumping the gun there too, but it's still pretty cool that he did that despite his awful playing.

I don't think anyone in the media that's compared The Golden Calf of Bristol with Cam has done it without pointing out the big difference between them.

But they are worth comparing in that they were both heavily scrutinized as far as being able to win in the NFL. But everyone in the media has made it pretty clear you can't compare the two in terms of skill and talent at the QB postion.

But intangibles, you certainly can. You gotta give it to The Golden Calf of Bristol...his biggest card is that he appears to find a way to win the game in the end. That's probably the most important aspect of a QB. And honestly, I'd rather have that over anything else. Granted it was against Miami, so they're jumping the gun there too, but it's still pretty cool that he did that despite his awful playing.

You said it yourself right there. I mean you just can't play 80% of the game the way he did and expect it to work out in the final minutes in this league. He's gonna have to have a decent showing against some real competition and show some real improvement in that god awful throwing motion before anybody is going to give him any benefit of the doubt.

And I'm glad when The Golden Calf of Bristol and Cam get talked about in the same segment, that nearly 100% of people are pointing out that The Golden Calf of Bristol is no where near Cam's level right now.

Archived