• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Transferring Files From One Computer to Another

Woodcookedbbq

I go for the external hard drive - make a copy of all their documents, transfer to the new PC, then squirrel the external drive away somewhere. When they accidently delete all their stuff at least you have a backup from where they started, and then once a month/quarter/year you can update the backup.

I go for the external hard drive - make a copy of all their documents, transfer to the new PC, then squirrel the external drive away somewhere. When they accidently delete all their stuff at least you have a backup from where they started, and then once a month/quarter/year you can update the backup.

Ding ding. Winner winner, chicken dinner.

You can never have enough storage. I get these Seagate 500Gb external hard drives from Office Depot for about $80.00 on sale.

Even if they're not on the same network you should be able to use a crossover cable and do a peer-to-peer connection. Of course this won't work if both computers aren't in the same vicinity.

Hahaha. Now that's old school. I wonder if a parallel connection would work. The old direct cable connection. IDK if that is still supported or not.

Archived