• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Where The Wild Things Are Trailer

scpanther22

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Well, most critics and fans are praising it to no end. However all agree it is somewhat dark, weird and just "different" from what most were expecting. And it is really not for young kids. I wanted to take my 5 year old to it until I heard that an early screening late last year scared a bunch of 12 year olds. They went back and re-worked a few things to try to make it less dark but it appears it still is.

Well, most critics and fans are praising it to no end. However all agree it is somewhat dark, weird and just "different" from what most were expecting. And it is really not for young kids. I wanted to take my 5 year old to it until I heard that an early screening late last year scared a bunch of 12 year olds. They went back and re-worked a few things to try to make it less dark but it appears it still is.

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/42723

Going by the trailer, it does seem pretty dark and not some sort of light-hearted movie you'd expect from a kid's book. It's been many moons since I read it so I don't really remember the story but it's hard to imagine that such a beloved "children's book" would fit Scrum's description. Be that as it may, I ain't rushing out to see this one. Trailer doesn't have me at all interested in it.

taking the fam to a matinee tomorrow. we all love the book and with an Eng major/Reading MD wife and me being an absorber of reading they have no choice.

nothing better than to not hear anything, go look as why it's "too" quiet and see them reading.

Archived