• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Why i Support Jake as our QB

dpanthersman

Our offensive lineman are starting to dissapear. We still have a good starting 5 but it was those backups that i give props to because they came into games and did play like starters when starters needed a rest. I hope we pick up another jeff otah in the draft cuz we will need at least 2 decent backup lineman.

carolina's dept in o-lineman is deeper than most think.

there are quality players stashed on the practice squad that should fill needed gaps should the time arise.

All I can say about this thread and give my observation is this little point I have...

Jake Delhomme

38-27

5-2

43-29

Nice, he wins 60% of his games. That's a best-case scenario for the Fox approach at QBing. Guess what, these QBs also have impressive winning percentages...

Peyton Manning

105-55

7-7

112-62

Brett Favre

160-93

12-10

172-103

Brad Johnson

71-51

4-3

75-54

Matt Hasselbeck

57-39

4-5

61-44

Kurt Warner

48-37

5-2

53-39

all these guys are also over 30. At some point, if it hasn't already, age catches up with them. It has already happened to Favre, but just because he has an impressive winning record does not make him a better candidate to QB a team than anybody else at this point in his career. Hasselbeck, Brad Johnson even had a winning % close to Jake's. He played like absolute poo in Dallas when he had to play.

• 8 months later...

Any time you have an entrenched QB that has been starting for years, it's hard to know when to let them go. Look at Warner, Farve, Montana, etc... The player himself will probably never believe he's done. And the coach is willing to give them chance after chance due to their long standing past success. To look back with 20/20 hindsight is easy for any idiot to do. Second guessing coaches is all we do on this board.

Archived