• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Why i Support Jake as our QB

dpanthersman

Those are the last four QBS I was requested to add. I am not saying they are top choice. I want Cutler.

Unless you're a Jets, Bucs, or maybe a Broncos fan, he's not gonna be wearing your team's uniform.

Pennington's a good QB, but he did throw 4 INTs in a losing playoff game at home during this postseason. Please tell me I'm not the only one that remembers that.

Im dissapointed in the Richardsons. I thought this organization prided itself on the credo that no man is bigger than the team. Well Jake Delhomme is bigger than the team. He's bigger than the fans. I'd even say he's bigger than Jerry Richardson. You see, no matter how pooty Jake plays he doesnt have to worry about losing his job or getting pulled from the game. No other Panther can say that. Jake's performance and limitations have no bearing on his status as our QB. Im dissapointed that the Richardsons are mortgaging the future of their franchise for 1 player who despite what they think wont be around much longer. It will not shock me to see Jake not play 16 games again for the rest of his career. The Panthers still need to prove to their fans they care about WINNING and care about the future of this franchise. Cuz right now, their arrogance and insistence to stick with guys they KNOW cant get it done is hurting the legacy of this team.

^^^^^^^^^

this is coming from the guy who valued Foster over Williams...

..... Just sayin man...

Unless you're a Jets, Bucs, or maybe a Broncos fan, he's not gonna be wearing your team's uniform.

Pennington's a good QB, but he did throw 4 INTs in a losing playoff game at home during this postseason. Please tell me I'm not the only one that remembers that.

No your not the only one who remembers.

I have stated numerous times , I do not like Chad at all.

He is as close to Jake as you can get

My list, IMO:

Brady, obviously.

Pennington, arguable.

Roethlisberger, he has the "it" factor no matter how much he gets abused throughout the season.

Palmer, on a better team he'd be amazing.

Manning, obviously.

Rivers, easily.

McNabb, old like Jake but better than Jake.

Rodgers

Brees, without hesitation.

Warner

Hasselbeck, when healthy he's great.

Didn't think Eli Manning, Flacco, Matt Ryan, Cutler, or Romo would perform any better than Jake and some would argue with that, adding even more to the list.

So, take away Pennington that still gives you ten. Put Jake in that mix if you like but he'll be at the very bottom. It's okay to admit that this is true. And again, I'm not calling for his head. He's our QB. But I would take any of those guys for this next season in place of Jake and not worry about how our team would perform ONE BIT. And at least nine I'd rather have than Jake.

look you can argue all day how good and how bad jake is. fact is i feel we have a better chance with him than without him. jeez the man came back from tommy john surgery and led us to a division title (which no qb has ever done) i really think he will have a great season in 09. hate him all you want but he is our qb and needs our support...espeacially with the brutal season we are facing.

i'm all for jake being the leader of this team, but if there is ever a time for a QB change, it's now.

a very strong o-line + an above average rushing attack + a very solid recieving core = ingredients for success for an inexperienced QB.

Our offensive lineman are starting to dissapear. We still have a good starting 5 but it was those backups that i give props to because they came into games and did play like starters when starters needed a rest. I hope we pick up another jeff otah in the draft cuz we will need at least 2 decent backup lineman.

Im dissapointed in the Richardsons. I thought this organization prided itself on the credo that no man is bigger than the team. Well Jake Delhomme is bigger than the team. He's bigger than the fans. I'd even say he's bigger than Jerry Richardson. You see, no matter how pooty Jake plays he doesnt have to worry about losing his job or getting pulled from the game. No other Panther can say that. Jake's performance and limitations have no bearing on his status as our QB. Im dissapointed that the Richardsons are mortgaging the future of their franchise for 1 player who despite what they think wont be around much longer. It will not shock me to see Jake not play 16 games again for the rest of his career. The Panthers still need to prove to their fans they care about WINNING and care about the future of this franchise. Cuz right now, their arrogance and insistence to stick with guys they KNOW cant get it done is hurting the legacy of this team.

Oh i'm going to expand this idea in another thread that'll blow everybody's mind.

^^^^^^^

What's funny about that is I heard that Chi was going to play Omiyale @ LG then decided to move him to RT. I had no clue he could even play guard.

lol @ the tags on this one. What the living eff does "disalusional" mean? Being that the tag "jock sniffing illiterate" is also used, I would hope at least that isn't the same person.

Say what you want about lusting for Cutler but if a guy who knows QBs like McDaniels does preferred Cassel, a mere one year starter, to Cutler, that should raise some serious red flags even if you don't hate Cutler's attitude.

P.Manning Yes

BradyYes

Brees- No he's too big of a candyass

Mcnabb- Maybe but I don't see him as much better than Jake

Romo- Jake>Romo

Rivers- Yes

Palmer- Definitely

Cutler- Maybe, alot of potential

Rodgers- yes

Warner-He's better than Jake but not enough to acquire another 33+ year old QB. We should be getting a future at QB.

My list, IMO:

Rodgers

Hasselbeck, when healthy he's great.

And at least nine I'd rather have than Jake.

Rodgers and Hasselbeck? C'mon, Rodgers is far from proving hisself to being a QB over Jake's caliber, granted he doesnt have a Steve Smith, but still he aint near as good. and Hasselbeck I see as worse or equal at best, and Hasselbeck has strong arm but thats about it...just my opinion.

^^^^^^^

What's funny about that is I heard that Chi was going to play Omiyale @ LG then decided to move him to RT. I had no clue he could even play guard.

lol @ the tags on this one. What the living eff does "disalusional" mean? Being that the tag "jock sniffing illiterate" is also used, I would hope at least that isn't the same person.

Say what you want about lusting for Cutler but if a guy who knows QBs like McDaniels does preferred Cassel, a mere one year starter, to Cutler, that should raise some serious red flags even if you don't hate Cutler's attitude.

thats a great point about cutler, personally i hate is attitude, but that makes alot of sense the guy did coach tom brady

Archived