• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Why i Support Jake as our QB

dpanthersman

Here are my reasons why I want Jake out:

1. I hate the way he throws. Jake can zip it underneath, but his deep balls hang up in the air to long. His arm is just like Chad Pennington's. (by the way Chad is better, but I wouldnt want him either.) We have I believe a top 3 WR on our team who I think could be breaking records if the had a QB that could bomb it to him on the run , so he didnt havent to stop and catch floating prayers.

2. He has not developed any chemistry with any other receivers. Sure Moose catches balls, but reality is that the games that matter where Steve is contained =WE LOSE. If Steve Smith was not here, Jake would not have one soul suppporting him because he would fail.

3. His mobility is horrid and he holds on to the ball too long .

There is nothing wrong with not be mobile if you are a good pocket QB, Jake is not.

Look the Bottom line is...someone said it earlier Jake is not a top 10 QB.

I want a top 10 QB..it is really that simple.

UMMMMM, sorry to bust your bubble on the top ten qb. It's already been said before, but the team doesn't believe in the Franchise qb, they want other players who are franchise types. We're a run first team, that relies on PA passing. We don't need a top 10 qb, nor will we have one with Hurney and Fox running the show. Fox ball is run the ball and play defense, throw it deep when needed.

which ones?

how do you judge what a good QB is?

Comp %

TDs

INTs?

TD-INT ratio?

fumbles?

ratings?

i'm not trying to start anything or say anything one way or the other about jake.

i want to know on what grounds do you judge who a good QB on.

not specifically targeted at you, btw...this is towards anyone.

All of the above. I look at the offense they play in and their supporting cast. I base my expectations on that and compare their stats to their peers.

UMMMMM, sorry to bust your bubble on the top ten qb. It's already been said before, but the team doesn't believe in the Franchise qb, they want other players who are franchise types. We're a run first team, that relies on PA passing. We don't need a top 10 qb, nor will we have one with Hurney and Fox running the show. Fox ball is run the ball and play defense, throw it deep when needed.

And that's part of the reason why we haven't gone all the way. We're fine with mediocrity as long as it fits the team philosophy. Give us a better QB and we may have had different results in the past. That said, Jake is our QB and will be our QB, I'm not asking for his head. I'm asking for us to be open to new philosophies as a franchise. IMHO, you work with what you have. For example, right now our Offense is light years better than our Defense, yet Fox wants us to be a D first team. You can't force a philosophy onto a team if you don't have the parts. That's why Foster never worked out, he wasn't good enough to carry the load yet Fox forced it. All I'm saying is that having a better QB would only help us, not hinder us, but if that's the route they want to take, then by all means, bring in a "Gus Frerrote" when Jake retires. :lol:

And that's part of the reason why we haven't gone all the way. We're fine with mediocrity as long as it fits the team philosophy. Give us a better QB and we may have had different results in the past. That said, Jake is our QB and will be our QB, I'm not asking for his head. I'm asking for us to be open to new philosophies as a franchise. IMHO, you work with what you have. For example, right now our Offense is light years better than our Defense, yet Fox wants us to be a D first team. You can't force a philosophy onto a team if you don't have the parts. That's why Foster never worked out, he wasn't good enough to carry the load yet Fox forced it. All I'm saying is that having a better QB would only help us, not hinder us, but if that's the route they want to take, then by all means, bring in a "Gus Frerrote" when Jake retires. :lol:

I've never said it wouldn't help to have a better QB. Cutler isn't one of those imo, a lot of scouts and GM's had Cassel ranked higher after one season of work. Cassel isn't a good QB imo and the in-depth stats show that he has problems with something as simple as dropping back from center.

If the right Qb came along then I would say go for it, Cutler isn't that guy though. Right now Jake is our QB and will be for at least next season. I'm not against us drafting a QB in the first round for the future. (Fox and Hurney have stated that they don't believe in using a first rounder on a QB.)

I however don't think Jake is that bad of a QB. You don't have a 60 percent completion percentage and a rating of 85.1 being a bad QB. You don't lead your team to over 20 game tying or game winning drives as a bad QB. All QB's have bad games, especially the Gunslinger types. He's a good QB who had a bad game.

He'll come back next year and be a much better QB because of that game against the Cardinal's. He actually has a good QB coach now that can help him. He's the leader of a team that just went 12-4 and had an rather good season.

You can quote me on it if you like, but he will start off the 09 season hot like he started the 07 season and will have his best year as far as completion percentage and qb rating go. He will get around 3400 - 3600 passing yards and have around 18 - 20 td's and 10 int's for next season.

I dont care what stats you put together Jake is not a top 10 qb

Just off the top of my head I am going to name 10qbs I would rather have:

P.Manning - given

Brady - given

Brees - given

Mcnabb - stats are similar, wouldn't mind having him though just because of his mobility. Age as with jake is a question.

Romo - can't win a meaninful game....no

Rivers - given

Palmer - no, stats are similar, very little difference in rating and td - int rating considering that he had two of the best wr to throw to.

Cutler - no, not for us, he needs to have the right system to be effective.

Rodgers - Younger and more mobile but still a gunslinger...Depends on if you want to start the jake cycle again. I say yes, because of his age.

Warner - no, he's older then jake and yall are complaining about jakes age. Plus in Zona he has three excellent wr's to throw to. Plus he's had way to many fall off the chart years in his career.

So that's 5 qb's who would be an overall improvement over Jake for the longterm. 1 qb who would be an improvement short term.

Still looking for 4 more.

I dont care what stats you put together Jake is not a top 10 qb

Just off the top of my head I am going to name 10qbs I would rather have:

P.Manning

Brady

Brees

Mcnabb

Romo

Rivers

Palmer

Cutler

Rodgers

Warner

so you would rather have Tony "I choke in every big game I play in" Romo over Jake......sorry, you fail.

Cutler has the physical skills, but he is not a leader, nor had success winning....would not take him either.

I

Im dissapointed in the Richardsons. I thought this organization prided itself on the credo that no man is bigger than the team. Well Jake Delhomme is bigger than the team. He's bigger than the fans. I'd even say he's bigger than Jerry Richardson. You see, no matter how shitty Jake plays he doesnt have to worry about losing his job or getting pulled from the game. No other Panther can say that. Jake's performance and limitations have no bearing on his status as our QB. Im dissapointed that the Richardsons are mortgaging the future of their franchise for 1 player who despite what they think wont be around much longer. It will not shock me to see Jake not play 16 games again for the rest of his career. The Panthers still need to prove to their fans they care about WINNING and care about the future of this franchise. Cuz right now, their arrogance and insistence to stick with guys they KNOW cant get it done is hurting the legacy of this team.

So that's 5 qb's who would be an overall improvement over Jake for the longterm. 1 qb who would be an improvement short term.

Still looking for 4 more.

Cassell

Ryan

Flaco

Pennington- dont like thim though

All the QBS I have named I think would lead the Panthers

I will say this...and I am done with the Jake crap.

I hope sooner then later the Panthers see the light and go with a Franchise QB scheme.

Not going after Cutler I think is a HUGE mistake.

Jake is staying and I do support him for he is our QB. uGHH,,,,,,its like Obama

Cassell

Ryan

Flaco

Pennington- dont like thim though

All the QBS I have named I think would lead the Panthers

All reasons why am glad you are not running the franchise...

EDIT: Except for Ryan, but we'll see in the near future if he is worth every penny of his massive salary

All reasons why am glad you are not running the franchise...

EDIT: Except for Ryan, but we'll see in the near future if he is worth every penny of his massive salary

Those are the last four QBS I was requested to add. I am not saying they are top choice. I want Cutler.

Archived