• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Why i Support Jake as our QB

dpanthersman

It's just another thing that can be used to either add to your argument for or against.

For example, Rex Grossman has a higher win% than Jake. If you are really all for that stat, then Rex is a better QB, but actually watching him shows otherwise.

Why don't the Bears let him continue to start, by the stats he will keep them above or barely below a .600 win % throughout his career. I think we all really know why though.

I'm bored at work, and wanted to show you how "good/bad" Jake is.

Games where the Panthers scored last in the 4th quarter, that Jake passed for more than 40 yards in his career as a Panther... and won the game

AND

Games where Jake threw 2 or more INT's that they lost.

WINS with the last score coming from the panthers (for the win), and Jake passing for over 40 yards on that scoring drive:

JAX - 09/07/03*

TB - 11/09/03*

ARI - 12/14/03

STL - 01/10/04

TB - 11/28/04

ARI - 10/09/05

BUF - 11/27/05

SD - 09/07/08

CHI - 09/14/08

GB - 11/30/08

NO - 12/28/08

11 total Games WON

(* = Threw 2 or more INT's in these wins, thus equaling redemption of past INT's)

Loses where Jake threw 2 or more INT's:

WAS - 11/16/03

ATL - 12/07/03

ATL - 10/03/04

PHI - 10/17/04

NO - 09/11/05

CHI - 11/20/05

SEA - 01/22/05

WAS - 11/26/06

PHI - 12/04/06

TB - 10/12/08

ARI - 01/10/09

11 total games LOST

So, he's won and lost the same amount of games.

Now, granted, if the WR/RB didn't catch the ball he threw, it'd be all for nothing. But, notice, I also didn't do total yards on the drives, I did total passing yards (over 40) on a "winning" scoring drive. (no matter if it was a FG or a TD)

So yes, he's not a center stage name or hall of fame caliber QB. but, I believe he's shown we're not any worse with with him...

Tho, if you refer to the 2007 season, you'll notice when he's not on the field, the Panthers are pretty bad without him.

And, if you want to refer to last season ('08) look at the games, and see was valuable in 4 game winning drives, and only "responsible" for 2 loses via INT's in that season.

Just a lil positive stuff cuz I'm bored.

Enjoy.

So you're saying that Jake Delhomme is at the same level as David Garrard, Damon Huard, Vince Young, and Brad Johnson?

Cool.

If you're going to make an argument, make one that doesn't put Jake in the same company as non-impressive QBs.

don't forget Grossman lol...

How about his individual stats? You know, the stats used to judge every single other position in the game.
which ones?

how do you judge what a good QB is?

Comp %

TDs

INTs?

TD-INT ratio?

fumbles?

ratings?

i'm not trying to start anything or say anything one way or the other about jake.

i want to know on what grounds do you judge who a good QB on.

not specifically targeted at you, btw...this is towards anyone.

Here are my reasons why I want Jake out:

1. I hate the way he throws. Jake can zip it underneath, but his deep balls hang up in the air to long. His arm is just like Chad Pennington's. (by the way Chad is better, but I wouldnt want him either.) We have I believe a top 3 WR on our team who I think could be breaking records if the had a QB that could bomb it to him on the run , so he didnt havent to stop and catch floating prayers.

2. He has not developed any chemistry with any other receivers. Sure Moose catches balls, but reality is that the games that matter where Steve is contained =WE LOSE. If Steve Smith was not here, Jake would not have one soul suppporting him because he would fail.

3. His mobility is horrid and he holds on to the ball too long .

There is nothing wrong with not be mobile if you are a good pocket QB, Jake is not.

Look the Bottom line is...someone said it earlier Jake is not a top 10 QB.

I want a top 10 QB to be the face of this franchise..it is really that simple.

Archived