• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Hurney (you knew this thread was coming)

Ricky Spanish

Oh boy, whoever brought up the fact that Hurney tried to trade up for Clausen hit it out of the ballpark. I want you to imagine what the state of this franchise and fan base would have been if Hurney had been successful and, instead of having Cam, we were stuck with Clausen and the Rams had our #1 pick from earlier this year.

That's the most damning one of all is it not?

hurney would have been run out of NC if this had happened

Not finding a legitimate (legitimate is the key word) starting QB when Jake went on IR due to Tommy John surgery..instead thinking he would come back 100%.

Not ever replacing Kris Jenkins

Letting the D-line turn into a weakness over the last 3-years, when it once was a strength

Not finding a #2 WR after Moose left the 1st time

Dumping all of the vets in 2010 before suitable replacements were available

Otah being injury prone isn't Hurney's fault. But his comments scare me. I wouldn't be surprised if Otah is given an extension based off Hurney's comments today and the whole situation with Jake's big contract and Davis' extension.

The thing that makes me the most upset is that the FO is making excuses for Otah. They said that because of the lockout, Otah couldn't condition for the season. Fug that noise. Otah had all of last season and this off-season to build strength, condition, and be prepared for this year. The lockout is no excuse for being a lazy fat bum. He should have been training on his own, just like the rest of the team. There's no doubt in my mind that these injuries are due to him being fat and out of shape.

The thing that makes me the most upset is that the FO is making excuses for Otah. They said that because of the lockout, Otah couldn't condition for the season. Fug that noise. Otah had all of last season and this off-season to build strength, condition, and be prepared for this year. The lockout is no excuse for being a lazy fat bum.

As per the lockout he had no access to team doctors, the ones that had known him for two years. The inability to rehab with your own doctors in an aggressive environment is a major issue that's been mentioned just about everywhere.

Hand waving it away with some ignorant screed is the kind of poo posting thats become the norm around here.

I know you won't respond to this post, but I'm really curious why you'd post something so stupid where all the world can see it. Where's your sense of self preservation?

:mad:

This isn't a bitch about hurney thread so much as it is an analysis of his recent moves as a GM. with the recent news about otah, and many questioning Hurney's ability to evaluate talent, I would like to create a list of good decisions and bad decisions that he has made as our GM over the years. This isn't a strictly poo on hurney thread, I really am interested in reviewing his performance over the years and how well he has or hasn't done.

Let's try and keep this a civil discussion people. too many times on this site people grow a big e-peen and try and swing it around and act all badass trying to sound smarter than everyone else. I get it, you are infallible in your logic, and you are smarter than everyone else, we get it, just calmly explain your point of view. this is a DISCUSSION board people, so let's discuss. no need for name calling or overall dickitry.

So please, let's discuss the good and the bad of hurney. I'll start off with a few and you guys add your own thoughts as to where you think they should go:

The Good:

1. Jon Beason and the trade orchestrated to do it all. ended up with 2 pro bowlers because of it.(1st rounder 2007 draft)
  2. Stewie (1st, 2008 draft)
  3. Kalil (2nd round the other end of the 07 draft day trade)
  4. Newton(1st 2011)
  5. Trading for Greg Olsen(for a 3rd rounder)
  6. Signing Shockey this past season
  7. Hardy (6th 2010)
  8. Charles Johnson(3rd 2007)
  9. James Anderson
  10. Jordan Gross
  11. Gamble
  12. Deangelo

The Bad

1. Clausen (2nd 2010)
  2. Armanti Edwards Trade (not the pick itself, just what he gave up to make it 3rd 2010, gave up 2011 2nd rounder)
  3. Jarrett (2nd, 2007)
  4. The Peppers fiasco... (Franchising him and not getting compensation in his departure)
  5. ... Which lead to the Delhomme fiasco (giving him too much money in order to work around franchising peppers. Bottom line is Hurney handled the whole Peppers thing incredibly poorly.)
  6. Everette Brown (2nd, 2009)
  7. What we gave up to get Everette Brown
  8. Corvey Irvin (3rd)
  9. Otah specifically that we traded to get him and he has never been healthy (**Debate if you agree or disagree**)
  10. Failing to EVER find a #2 receiver to complement Smitty

So what do you have and where should I put it?

As per the lockout he had no access to team doctors, the ones that had known him for two years. The inability to rehab with your own doctors in an aggressive environment is a major issue that's been mentioned just about everywhere.

Hand waving it away with some ignorant screed is the kind of poo posting thats become the norm around here.

I know you won't respond to this post, but I'm really curious why you'd post something so stupid where all the world can see it. Where's your sense of self preservation?

So not being able to work with team doctors means he can't workout on his own? I understand the rehab part, but was he really still in that intense of a rehab at the point? We were told that his surgery was "minor." He could have still conditioned on his own time. That's no excuse for being over weight.

Not finding a legitimate (legitimate is the key word) starting QB when Jake went on IR due to Tommy John surgery..instead thinking he would come back 100%.

Not ever replacing Kris Jenkins

Letting the D-line turn into a weakness over the last 3-years, when it once was a strength

Not finding a #2 WR after Moose left the 1st time

Dumping all of the vets in 2010 before suitable replacements were available

Lol.we all know this...what are they thinking upstairs

So not being able to work with team doctors means he can't workout on his own?

We know nothing about Otah's workout regimen. You're making a big old assumption based on no information.

I don't think I really need to explain the disadvantages of being denied access to NFL caliber rehab at a critical juncture in the recovery process.

If I do, please mash your face into the keyboard now.

That's no excuse for being over weight.

There are many reasons people become overweight. Kind of hard to work out very hard when your knee needs rehab from your own personal doctors that know you the best that you don't have access to, isn't it?

We know nothing about Otah's workout regimen. You're making a big old assumption based on no information.

I don't think I really need to explain the disadvantages of being denied access to NFL caliber rehab at a critical juncture in the recovery process.

If I do, please mash your face into the keyboard now.

There are many reasons people become overweight. Kind of hard to work out very hard when your knee needs rehab from your own personal doctors that know you the best that you don't have access to, isn't it?

Dude, I'm not buying your argument. Yes, the team doctors know his body better than others. But if you really believe that no other doctor could have been beneficial to his recovery, you're crazy.

Archived