• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Inside the Numbers: Cam Newton - Week 6 (Video)

Tarheels23

what tape was i watching...? watch the replay again friend, I've looked at this play probably 20 times last night..

look at the defender looking at Cam

look at Cam lock eyes on the soon to be open Smith.

Watch the reflex of the defender as Cam winds up, he already know where the ball is going because Cam has been staring at something behind him for a full 3 or 4 seconds.

Its no huge knock on Cam, but this is why the pass was tipped. If Cam looks off the receiver its a touchdown. The kid is good, but he hasn't been flawless. Its no big deal man, he will get better, but you can't deny the film.

I bet he will though!

What I take away from this:

-Cam is used to having a defense that can take care of a lead, going back to Auburn

-Nanne was hustling and his catches were good.

-I'm starting to understand why we paid for deangalo

-Our offensive lines pass blocking combined with cams elusiveness equals greatness

1. Hangartner got beat like a drum for atleast 2 sacks.

2. First pick, 42 seconds before the half we don't try to run. Just one time Chud, damn. Cam should have went to Shockey, Grimes was trailing him.

3. Second pick, Gross didn't even try to cut the DT. He didn't even engage him. The DT was camping in the throwing lane. Bad pass by Cam, but even worse execution by Gross.

Lastly, anyone giving Cam poo about this game is a moron.

What I take away from this:

-Cam is used to having a defense that can take care of a lead, going back to Auburn

-Nanne was hustling and his catches were good.

-I'm starting to understand why we paid for deangalo

-Our offensive lines pass blocking combined with cams elusiveness equals greatness

Huh? Cam's defense sucked at Auburn. That's why he was constantly bringing them back from 21+ point deficits in the 4th quarters of many games.

Archived