• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Week 5 Rookie of the Week goes to...

JawnyBlaze

posters gonna post.

ROTW is more like a fan thing with a sponsor tie-in... Really means very little.

Didn't Cam win rookie of the month? That outweighs rookie of the week. And I believe it is more official, as in, it is voted on by writers/peers, but I'm not sure about. I know the ROY award is voted on the same way as MVPs are, so he'll get the attention he deserves...

Oh I know ROW doesn't mean much because it's voted on by fans, my only point was there has to be some kind of jealousy/spite toward Cam by a not insignificant portion of fans out there toward him for Cam to be constantly outvoted on for these awards. I understand Carolina doesn't have as big a fan base as SF or whatever towns most of the ROWs have come from so far, but one would think the voters from places outside of the nominees would be a little more unbiased.

posters gonna post.

ROTW is more like a fan thing with a sponsor tie-in... Really means very little.

Didn't Cam win rookie of the month? That outweighs rookie of the week. And I believe it is more official, as in, it is voted on by writers/peers, but I'm not sure about. I know the ROY award is voted on the same way as MVPs are, so he'll get the attention he deserves...

After not winning it so many times getting upset when he doesn't win it yet again is stupid.

I'm just saying it would seem there's got to be some reason the fans outside of the other nominees' teams are voting more for the less deserving nominees. Simply an observation, I'm not upset about it or anything...

Archived