• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Playbook: Panthers vs. Falcons

Tarheels23

Just don't get the hate for our defense.

Essentially gave up 23 points versus Breesus and Co. Can't put the 7 on the D Cam handed to them with the first pass.

You could argue Rivera gave them 3 more at the half.

Fail.

Yeah, but u got it back when Brees gave u a free TD..U folks keep forgetting that..Plus interceptions will happen..Especially with a rookie QB until he competely gels with his team..It's up to the defense to hold back the opposing team and either take back the ball or force them to intercept.

The key to this game is posession. This is a road game in which we need to be in control. The crowd won't help us rally from 11 pts down like last week. We have to run more plays and take more time off the clock than Atlanta can do with Ryan and Turner. Cam can extend the play, he can run for a first down...not to mention Williams and Stewart. Atlanta has not been as explosive this season. And their D really can't contain Cam if he plays mistake free. So...I like our chances.

Possession means good defense. Limiting them in the run game and forcing bad throws and bad decisions from Ryan. Possession is all about getting OFF the field on 3rd down. Gonzales worries me, but I think Ryan can be put ill at ease early.

Possession also means good clock and timeout management. I trust that Rivera knows that if he has another goof, he'll take some serious heat from ownership. He is a pro, he can get that under control.

Possession also means winning the turnover battle. If we would play any game turnover free...we would win. Possession is also about field position and Armanti needs to show something because he's about to get de-activated I'm afraid. Is Hogan the man, here? Pilares is more promising as a KR.

This is going to be a game about guts. We need to go into Atlanta and prove that we are the stronger team. I won't say we're due for a win, but I am getting a sense about this game that makes me like our chances!:D

Panthers 27

Atlanta 19

Can someone please explain to me why Eric Norwood was lined up at DT and CJ lined up next to him at DE in the Saints' Sproles run? I didn't notice that during the game... Could be part of our problem in stopping the run, lol.

What was the down and distance? I think that's our 'NASCAR' package, i.e. passing downs.

Archived