• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Whos our next star player?

dpanthersman

i would have felt the same if not for landon still here...so what does that mean for connor...he will be the backup when he needs to be competing for the starting spot..at OLB
why can't he do both? that is what beason did. he started off at WLB and when morgan went down he shifted into MLB. he won the OLB spot but was the backup MLB.

connor should be doing the same.

Just to be different, Kalil.

That was going to be my pick. His second level blocking is phenomenal.

Granted, that might only make him a "star" among football nerds like me since that isn't a glory position. You don't hear the average football fan discussing second level blocking :rolleyes:

As far as guys at more vaunted position, Beason and Stewart make more likely candidates.

Regarding the discussion about Connor, moving him to MLB is, in my opinion, setting him up to follow in the footsteps of the last linebacker we had named "Dan", a fellow whose body just couldn't take the kind of punishment that position involves.

Not really sure he makes a good strongside option either. At this point, I'd much rather see him backing up Thomas Davis on the weakside, also acting as insurance there in case Davis can't be retained when he hits free agency (which, barring an extension, is not far away).

Godfrey has the best chance to come from nowhere...to being a "star"

What I mean by that, is.....

Conner won't be starting unless he can unseat Diggs, and he is coming off of an ACL tear....so please folks let it rest. We drafted him in the third, he can be a ST player for a few years and then try to unseat one of the starters....or take over Davis' spot if he moves on.

Beason was an all pro last year, he already is a star.

Jarrett came out with all kinds of hype, he is already a household name, but not in a good way.....he won't turn that image around in a year.

Kalil....maybe, but it usually takes interior linemen years to unseat the "greats" if ever. Jeff Saturday is a good, but not great center, but everybody thinks he is the best.

Charles Johnson....I hope so, but he may not be starting either.

i don't think i really noticed wilson much at training camp. i'll keep an eye on him this year but i'm kind of like mintal in that i just haven't seen 'it' form him and i haven't seen what the people high on him have seen.

i want to believe but so far i haven't really.

i don't think i really noticed wilson much at training camp. i'll keep an eye on him this year but i'm kind of like mintal in that i just haven't seen 'it' form him and i haven't seen what the people high on him have seen.

i want to believe but so far i haven't really.

All I have to say about Wilson is he better have it, because fox and co apparently really like him and he is expected to be the 3rd corner next season. So I guess we will find out real soon if he does or not.

All I have to say about Wilson is he better have it, because fox and co apparently really like him and he is expected to be the 3rd corner next season. So I guess we will find out real soon if he does or not.

i agree it does seem that fox has some confidence in him, but i think they will prob draft a DB in the draft to give him some compettion in camp

Archived