• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Whos our next star player?

dpanthersman

connor's skillset would be good as an OLB. there is no problem with him competing for the job. i hope he stays on beason's heels...crap...i hope he passes him. not because i have any special admiration for beason but i know where beason set that bar and if connor proved himself to be better than that? 'amazing' wouldn't not even begin to describe the greatness of our LB corps.

most likely he would be competing with diggs for the SAM. i have very little reason to believe that he couldn't do it. size is good. coverage skills are good. he's a playmaker.

i feel good having him there because if, for some unfortunate reason, we had to go without beason for any length of time, we would have a person skilled enough to be a MLB.

I guess it depends on who is listed as our current stars... Smitty, D-Will?

Does Beason go on that 'current' list (as far as the whole NFL, not just the Panthers)? I don't think quite yet, but I think he will be...

Beason is certainly a star on the Panthers, but I think he'll be the next Panther to be an NFL star.

I would say Beason is already a star. I mean he was first-team all-pro. You don't get any better than that. Maybe he's not a star amongst the casual fans. But he's a star to the players and people who really know the game.

If I had to pick, I say Godfrey, just because the secondary was so lamented at the end of last season and there in nowhere to go but up and that kid did nothing but improve all year. By the end of next season he will be a force to be reckoned with, especially with a hard hitter like Harris backing him up and teaching him.

On offense, I'm begging Jarret to step up and make Delhomme look his way. Unfortunately Delhomme only has one left and one right eye and each of those is filled by a Smitty and a Moose respectively.

connor's skillset would be good as an OLB. there is no problem with him competing for the job. i hope he stays on beason's heels...crap...i hope he passes him. not because i have any special admiration for beason but i know where beason set that bar and if connor proved himself to be better than that? 'amazing' wouldn't not even begin to describe the greatness of our LB corps.

most likely he would be competing with diggs for the SAM. i have very little reason to believe that he couldn't do it. size is good. coverage skills are good. he's a playmaker.

i feel good having him there because if, for some unfortunate reason, we had to go without beason for any length of time, we would have a person skilled enough to be a MLB.

i would have felt the same if not for landon still here...so what does that mean for connor...he will be the backup when he needs to be competing for the starting spot..at OLB

hey jon, you're doing great, really man. Bang up stuff. Thomas, putting you at WLB was a complete revelation. You're doing fantastic man. Na'ill? Couldn't be happier with what you've done for us. You're a force all over the field.

Here's the problem. Do you know that linebacker we got from Penn state last year? Yeah, the one who didn't play a snap and every team passed on at least twice? Well, we all know he's so good that we're going to put him on the field.

Yes Jon, we know you're the best 4-3 mike backer in the nfl, call all the defenses, wear the headset, and are the leader. You're back at the weakside. Thomas, I know you just had the best year of your career, but we're going to go ahead and move you again just because you haven't played enough positions in the nfl. Na'ill? Focus on special teams buddy.

again, what is your problem w/ Connor? I said I think he should start soon and think he will be a very good LB ....I don't care where but he will be too good to sit behind Beason. Beason will be a beast no matter what.....I prefer him at MLB but if down the road he moves so that the best group can be on the field at the same time....I have no problem w/ that.

Beason stepped in and had an immediate impact when given the chance. Connor is that good also imo. You are slamming Connor but at the same time Beason had no better resume before stepping in and almost autmomatically becoming the best defensive player......he became that as a rookie who (despite what so many now claim) most Carolina fans were uncertain about that draft pick before he was given the chance to start.

Based on your response, you seem to think Connor's place is on the bench. I don't get that logic....unless he drastically doesn't live up to expectations.

Archived