• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Whos our next star player?

dpanthersman

hes a middle linebacker... who cares if he gets sacks? let the guy tackle running backs for losses and cover the middle of the field, thats his job. i personally dont like these super sack machine OLBs like Ware and Merriman, because they don't play their position. Let dlinemen get the majority of the sacks, add some linebackers to increase pressure and get the occasional sack.

and yes this does point out that john fox obviously doesn't blitz beason and alot of people are all sorts of cranky over the defense fox runs, but if u give him the right players he can put together a super conservative, but top 5 defense (2005 anyone?)

hes a middle linebacker... who cares if he gets sacks? let the guy tackle running backs for losses and cover the middle of the field, thats his job. i personally dont like these super sack machine OLBs like Ware and Merriman, because they don't play their position. Let dlinemen get the majority of the sacks, add some linebackers to increase pressure and get the occasional sack.

and yes this does point out that john fox obviously doesn't blitz beason and alot of people are all sorts of cranky over the defense fox runs, but if u give him the right players he can put together a super conservative, but top 5 defense (2005 anyone?)

well Fox does blitz him....he just does it poorly.

and yes I agree, Fox can have a great defense if he has players that fit his scheme. Kinda like his run game.....Davis, Foster, Williams.....they all ran the same Fox gameplan and are all used as the same type back. Davis was built for it and Williams is just that good. Fox can do great things when guys fit his schemes.....he can't take great guys and get them to do anything else though...imo. If given a square peg he will always try to put it in his round hole.

well Fox does blitz him....he just does it poorly.

and yes I agree, Fox can have a great defense if he has players that fit his scheme. Kinda like his run game.....Davis, Foster, Williams.....they all ran the same Fox gameplan and are all used as the same type back. Davis was built for it and Williams is just that good. Fox can do great things when guys fit his schemes.....he can't take great guys and get them to do anything else though...imo. If given a square peg he will always try to put it in his round hole.

That sounds painful.:eek:

Well Beason is one of the best 4-3 MLBs. Can't really give him the undisputed crown at this point. I want Beason to stay at MLB. But I prefer to have the best talent on the field and I think Connor is very talented....too talented to be a backup. You don't think Beason can move and not have a huge impact? Beason maybe be at 100% impact level at MLB.....but if he moved (and he is the only one talented enough) it could upgrade our overall LB group. Again, I prefer Beason at MLB....but I am more in favor of playing your best players.

So you don't think Dan is a waste as Beason's backup? What was the point of drafting Connor then o' wise one? Not sure why you are slamming Connor's potential......it isn't like Beason had a better resume before playing the MLB either.

being talented enough to start and being too talented to be a back up are two different things, if connor can make it in our system he will see the field.

I don't really see it happening but I'd like to be wrong, and I think meeks system might be friendlier to connor's style than trgo's was.

The point of drafting connor was that he was too good to pass up on. Fox and Co. stated that a few times. He was the BPA so we drafted him.

I'm sure there will be some packages where we see him in but there is no way move beason over just to get him on the field.

One thing I do find odd about Beason....despite his quick and great adjustment to the NFL and his OUTSTANDING play (All-Pro and Pro Bowl in year 2)........he has failed to register even 1 single sack. Kinda makes you think at times that maybe Peppers isn't the only one not being used properly in the system.

how is beason not being used properly? he controls the middle of the field. next year, if we are going to be running the tampa 2, expect to see beason never in the backfield.

a MLB doesn't have to have sack numbers to be effective. a defense doesn't have to use their MLB on blitzes and have them getting sacks to be effective either.

doesn't do any good to compare him to willis, either. they are used differently and in different defenses.

hey jon, you're doing great, really man. Bang up stuff. Thomas, putting you at WLB was a complete revelation. You're doing fantastic man. Na'ill? Couldn't be happier with what you've done for us. You're a force all over the field.

Here's the problem. Do you know that linebacker we got from Penn state last year? Yeah, the one who didn't play a snap and every team passed on at least twice? Well, we all know he's so good that we're going to put him on the field.

Yes Jon, we know you're the best 4-3 mike backer in the nfl, call all the defenses, wear the headset, and are the leader. You're back at the weakside. Thomas, I know you just had the best year of your career, but we're going to go ahead and move you again just because you haven't played enough positions in the nfl. Na'ill? Focus on special teams buddy.

hey jon, you're doing great, really man. Bang up stuff. Thomas, putting you at WLB was a complete revelation. You're doing fantastic man. Na'ill? Couldn't be happier with what you've done for us. You're a force all over the field.

Here's the problem. Do you know that linebacker we got from Penn state last year? Yeah, the one who didn't play a snap and every team passed on at least twice? Well, we all know he's so good that we're going to put him on the field.

Yes Jon, we know you're the best 4-3 mike backer in the nfl, call all the defenses, wear the headset, and are the leader. You're back at the weakside. Thomas, I know you just had the best year of your career, but we're going to go ahead and move you again just because you haven't played enough positions in the nfl. Na'ill? Focus on special teams buddy.

I completely agree with the sarcastic-ness of your post fiz. If we were to move Beason and Davis it would be, well Retarded is the only word I can come up with to at least partially define that move.

Archived