• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Goodson for Lloyd

Hairless Cat

i'm not a lloyd fan. never have been.

last year was an aberration. a total fluke. it is not to be expected.

he might be better than naanee but he could be worse. much worse.

one thing to keep in mind was how pissed he was when he heard that orton might get traded going into the season. this was the only QB he, in his long career, has had a connection with and they were moving him. he then talked about how easy it was to catch passes from orton because he stayed in the pocket and didn't scramble. it took less thinking, adjusting, and less effort.

we have a scrambling QB. lloyd is going to have to adjust. it's going to require effort and thinking that he just doesn't want to do nor do i think he is capable of doing.

i wouldn't give up a 4th or even 5th for him just because i don't think it would work. risking anything later than that would be fine, but i just wouldn't expect much. he's overrated.

he has definitely come back down to earth this year. putting up similar numbers as smith was last year. maybe a system guy? i cant see anyone with talent not producing in our system.

he has definitely come back down to earth this year. putting up similar numbers as smith was last year. maybe a system guy? i cant see anyone with talent not producing in our system.
if they can't adjust to throws from a scrambling QB, then yeah....i could easily see someone not producing in this system. lloyd has talent. the problem has usually been between his ears.
Rivera has seen a lot of Lloyd, and Fox knows Goodson's ability. Seems like a seemless trade with connections on both ends.
if rivera's basing lloyd on one VERY unusual season for lloyd, then yeah...maybe. he saw lloyd two games a year for two years. one he sucked (just like the rest of his career) and the other he looked like a superstar. just doesn't seem like an easy decision for me.

How did Brandon Lloyd all of a sudden become dispensable to the Broncos again?

They have Eddie Royal coming back from injury, along with there 2010 1st round pick Thomas.

Add to the fact that that with The Golden Calf of Bristol playing they aren't expecting him to really use them to his full advantage, and Fox will increase the running game with him to help him out.

if they can't adjust to throws from a scrambling QB, then yeah....i could easily see someone not producing in this system. lloyd has talent. the problem has usually been between his ears. if rivera's basing lloyd on one VERY unusual season for lloyd, then yeah...maybe. he saw lloyd two games a year for two years. one he sucked (just like the rest of his career) and the other he looked like a superstar. just doesn't seem like an easy decision for me.

I agree it's not an easy decision, but anything would be an upgrade now in IMO. If anything it can help in Cam's development.

I agree it's not an easy decision, but anything would be an upgrade now in IMO. If anything it can help in Cam's development.

"anything would be an upgrade"

that "anything" got us in the situation. we have two WRs from san diego that were an "anything would be an upgrade" compared to what we had around when gettis went down. where did that get us. not just anything is going to be an upgrade. lloyd, regardless of his superhuman season last year, is nowhere near an guaranteed upgrade regardless of the hate for and suckage of naanee this year.

a historically bad WR that whines and sucks when things aren't exactly right is not something that can help in cam's development.

"anything would be an upgrade"

that "anything" got us in the situation. we have two WRs from san diego that were an "anything would be an upgrade" compared to what we had around when gettis went down. where did that get us. not just anything is going to be an upgrade. lloyd, regardless of his superhuman season last year, is nowhere near an guaranteed upgrade regardless of the hate for and suckage of naanee this year.

a historically bad WR that whines and sucks when things aren't exactly right is not something that can help in cam's development.

I agree that his attitude is a problem at times, but Lloyd has converted 87 of 96 catches over the last two seasons into first downs. His 90.6 conversion rate is the highest first-down reception percentage in the NFL, ahead of Chicago's Johnny Knox (55 of 65, 84.6 percent). PER YAHOO SPORTS.

His short yardage ability could take a load off of Cam and Rivera has said he want's Cam to run less...

not buying. the rest of his career pretty much exposes those last two years for the fluke it was.

i'm on board if they do trade for him and he proves to help, but i have serious doubts that he will help all that much. i don't want us giving up too much for him.

fwiw, just saw this tweet from person who was obviously trying to find out our supposed interest in lloyd.

josephperson Panthers GM Marty Hurney on report that CAR interested in Brandon Lloyd. "We've had no trade discussions with any team about any players."

Joe Person about 2m ago via web

Archived