• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Goodson for Lloyd

Hairless Cat

How did Brandon Lloyd all of a sudden become dispensable to the Broncos again?

Probably b/c Fox is going to take The Golden Calf of Bristol and run him like DeAngelo in that Atlanta game where the wildcat was introduced. Run, run, run, punt.

"trade, trade, trade, trade, trade, trade everyone, and then trade the trades"

I saw this on the seahawks forum when they first started talking about Curry being traded

People on here do go a bit crazy when someone they have heard of comes available, but in this case a Goodson for Lloyd trade would be a good move by the Panthers. It is unlikely Goodson will be on the team next year, and has hardly been used on offense and seems to be on the outs as a returner, so he really offers us no benefit at this point. So getting a useful part would be a solid move.

With that said, the only way I make that move is to either make the trade straight up (which I don't think Denver would agree to), or only include a late pick if we can sign Lloyd to a modest contract extension (which I don't think he would agree to). And that's if Denver would even want Goodson to begin with.

In other words, I doubt this move happens. But from a Panther perspective, it does make a certain amount of sense...as long as we don't give up too much (nothing higher than a 5th, and that is likely too high without him re-signing).

with the huge drop in touches for both, the probability actually probably decreased compared to the past foxball pound the ball into a brick wall approach.

Which is the tits because it will prolong both of their careers, assuming they don't ever leave charlotte. Makes me worry a little less about DeAngelo being 28 and all.

i'm not a lloyd fan. never have been.

last year was an aberration. a total fluke. it is not to be expected.

he might be better than naanee but he could be worse. much worse.

one thing to keep in mind was how pissed he was when he heard that orton might get traded going into the season. this was the only QB he, in his long career, has had a connection with and they were moving him. he then talked about how easy it was to catch passes from orton because he stayed in the pocket and didn't scramble. it took less thinking, adjusting, and less effort.

we have a scrambling QB. lloyd is going to have to adjust. it's going to require effort and thinking that he just doesn't want to do nor do i think he is capable of doing.

i wouldn't give up a 4th or even 5th for him just because i don't think it would work. risking anything later than that would be fine, but i just wouldn't expect much. he's overrated.

Archived