• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Would you trade a 4th/5th for Brandon Lloyd?

Fiz

defense = terrible

special teams = terrible

passing game = one of the best in the nfl

but hey add a guy that'll be our 3rd or 4th receiving option and we're super bowl bound

valid points

what you're ignoring however, is how many times we've been in the red zone/in position to score and failed because no one can get open except legashit naanee who drops everything

just a hypothetical, if Lloyd is in the game against the Bears, does he tip an easy pass to the Bears defender for a pick 6 and cost us the game?

not saying he's going to put us playoff bound or close to it, but you can't act like having a guy like him wouldn't improve this offense.

hmmm so a rebuilding team should give up future draft picks for a guy to play 11 games in a losing season?

You give up a 4th rounder for a probowler who likely has 5 good years left and will instantly upgrade the offense. If he leaves in free agency you get the fourth back so it really is a no brainer. You rent him for a year at worse and at best you have your number 2 receiver for years.

Otherwise we can always draft another guy like Edwards, or Jarrett. We all know how that works out. We are so good at finding receivers, LOL

If he leaves in free agency you get the fourth back so it really is a no brainer. You rent him for a year at worse and at best you have your number 2 receiver for years.

You don't get compensation for a player you trade for during the season.

He doesnt fit the youth movement, but i would be all for it. He has had only one great season but so far he has came back and live up to that play from last year this year. I can only imagine him on one side and smith on the other, but then again thats with any great recevier from another team with smith. I really preferred us to get another young talent from the draft but if the coaching staff thinks we can make noise this year than im all for it. Plus they are asking for a 4th -5th rounder, anything higher and i would quickly decline.

You give up a 4th rounder for a probowler who likely has 5 good years left and will instantly upgrade the offense. If he leaves in free agency you get the fourth back so it really is a no brainer. You rent him for a year at worse and at best you have your number 2 receiver for years.

Otherwise we can always draft another guy like Edwards, or Jarrett. We all know how that works out. We are so good at finding receivers, LOL

In theory though wouldn't the Donkeys get a 4th if they keep Lloyd and he walks. So trade him and get a 2012 4th or keep him and get a 2012 4th.

Archived