• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Would you trade a 4th/5th for Brandon Lloyd?

Fiz

If we can extend him, maybe. BUT, we are also trying to build a young team here. We aren't gonna win anything this season and we have young receivers who could be something in LaFell and Gettis when he comes back, Lloyd just takes away reps. But regardless, he would be a great 2, dude catches anything.

fap fap fap

Oh yeah I forgot about the huge Wake Forest Football Fan contingent we have to deal with on this board.

Curry has incredible potential, is cheap, and would fill a gaping need (Special Teams/Linebacking depth). Lloyd would come into a team with four good pass catching options already.

Disagree. I used to think Curry had tons of potential but watched some of his play and the guy just isn't good. Poor tackling, poor coverage, poor instincts, poor hands, no playmaking ability. Would he provide depth? Sure, but so would a guy we could get in the 4th/5th round anyways.

Curry may turn out to be something special if he goes to a 3-4 team as an ILB. Just my 2 cents.

Yes let's push Nanee to special teams where he can find new ways to spectacularly fail.

or we could cut him.

Way I see it: Lloyd is a proven guy who has still put up solid numbers despite playing with dreadful quarterbacks. A lot of it depends on whether we'd get a compensatory pick for him leaving.

And what's to say he wouldn't resign with us? Guys are going to want to play for us because of Cam.

Lloyd had 77 receptions and 1448 yards and 11 TDs in 2010. He averaged over 18 yards a reception and was a second team All-Pro. He put up the best numbers of his career with Kyle Orton. Imagine what he could do with Cam Newton who throws a great deep ball. Our offense would instantly be better and he would love it here. He would be worth a TD a game and would instantly upgrade our redzone offense. And that is an area we need to improve upon in a big way.

New Englans has shown that sometimes a great offense does make up for an average to poor defense.

He has only had one good (more like great) year and he just turned 30. Plays for teams like the Bears, sounds like a realistic prospect for the Panther's (just going off style).

Given our QB is in winning mode now, I say go and get him. We can draft D heavy, our offense is all around 29-30 years old so a 4 year deal would put him out with them.

Archived