• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Would you trade a 4th/5th for Brandon Lloyd?

Fiz

He's only had one really good year, plus his age...

I'm reversing my earlier decision from for to opposed.

As bad as Denver and Orton have been, he is on pace for a 1000 yards season this year. Imagine what he could do with Newton.

I bet Chud and Rivera are pushing for him, they have watched him play in Denver while they were in San Diego and know what he can do.

If we could get him for a reasonable extension, I would do it. Otherwise, just wait for Gettis to get healthy next year and make a run at him or somebody else during the offseason. It's not like the offense is broken.

He is playing this year for 1.4 million. He might want to break the bank but that isn't going to happen. I suspect we could pick him up for three years and perhaps 12 million with 5 or 6 being guaranteed. A bargain for sure.

He is playing this year for 1.4 million. He might want to break the bank but that isn't going to happen. I suspect we could pick him up for three years and perhaps 12 million with 5 or 6 being guaranteed. A bargain for sure.

Well, I am thinking he would want 20 million with about 11-12 millon guaranteed.

Mike Thomas, who Brandon Lloyd is better than just signed this.

The Jacksonville Jaguars have reached a three-year, $18 million contract extension with wide receiver Mike Thomas, a league source said Thursday.

The deal includes $9 million guaranteed.

Yeah pretty much given up on this season. 1-4 with 4 conference losses, one division loss, only win is non-conference against a bad Jags team. We'd have to finish the rest of the season 9-2 maybe even 10-1 to make the playoffs.

Teams get wild card spots with 9-7 records all the time. Only one of the wild card spots already looks predestined, to go to the NFCN (probably Detroit). What other division has a 2nd team that looks to be certain to be 10-6 or better? NFCW? uh no. NFCE? uh no. The biggest competition at the moment for that 2nd wild card spot looks to still be in the NFCN in Chicago. They do have the tie breaker over us, but I honestly think the Panthers are close to the point (if not already there) that we could end up with a better record than the Bears. I don't think a WC spot is out of the question yet...especially if we could get a little more reliable on offense. Obviously defense and ST are still a problem, but even with those problems there's been a situation late in almost (if not) every game where if Naanee had caught a catchable pass, we had a very good chance to win.

Yeah pretty much given up on this season. 1-4 with 4 conference losses, one division loss, only win is non-conference against a bad Jags team. We'd have to finish the rest of the season 9-2 maybe even 10-1 to make the playoffs.

If we were in the playoff hunt and only a #2 receiver away from a championship then this might make sense but we're not and WR isn't even our biggest need. We'll get Gettis back next year and this wouldn't even be an issue if they would just start LaFell.

Considering we are 1 big play away per game from being 4-1 or 5-0 all of a sudden 8-3 does not sound so unrealistic when you talk about adding a pro bowl receiver.

No.

How much is left on his contract?

He's 30?

We're about acquiring picks in order to build through the draft. Does anyone think we're one player away from making the playoffs and making a run? Keep the pick and use it to move up if necessary, but I don't like using draft picks on rentals that might only be here a year.

We're not Oakland.

And what about Gettis next year...where would he fit.

as others have mentioned, there is no point in bringing him in for the rest of this year. and if you manage to get an extension, then you're left with two over 30 receivers on a young, rebuilding team, and you bury your two young talents (gettis and lafell) on the depth chart. beeeelicheck should tell ochocinco to hit the bricks and go get lloyd. dude is a master at stockpiling draft picks. i'm sure they've got some to spare.

Yes, ONLY if he signs an extension.

Yeah, he's 30, but, he gives us some time to develop young receivers. Gettis had an injury, that for a guy build for speed, could cause him issues. LaFell isn't proven yet. Lloyd could allow us to not have to touch WR in the draft. I'd be good for a 4th or something, not anything higher (and we don't even have a 3rd).

If you asked me before this year started, I'd say no way, but we have a team that can win games, RIGHT NOW. I'm for it. Our offense is good but we can make it great. Focus on defense in the draft and we'll be on our way.

Archived