• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

CardiacCats Top 5 Players on the Panthers Draft Board - V. 1.0

CardiacCats

Of all the people mentioned here, outside of Blackmon or Jeffrey I like Cliff Harris the best. Kirckpatrick is probably going to be a Safety. You just don't see 6'3 CBs. That video of Claiborne didn't really show anything special about him, and he never presses at the line. Brandon Thompson played with good leverage, but he didn't look like a first round pick. Ta'amu got pushed back by a single guy way too much for a 330 pounder. No to first round LBers, our LB corps even without Beason and Davis, isn't a top 3 need (WR, DT, CB). We can get a good LB in the 2nd or 4th at earliest. Mathieu looks good, but how big is he? Didn't someone say he's only like 5'9? Not an automatic pass because of it, but we don't need another small corner. But what I could find on Youtube was pretty impressive. Still, Cliff Harris is my preference if we're picking in the middle of the first round and Kalil/Jeffrey/Blackmon aren't available.

">

I'd put LB up on the needs, Zach Brown is a good one

I know I've said this before but how ironic is that: out of the top five picks from last year's draft. All of them are needs for us - Green, Dareus, Miller, Peterson

Here is the way I am looking at it.

We look OK at corner. I think we can take one in the mid-to-late rounds if we think we need it and be fine.

Once we get Edwards back with McClain, our DTs will be OK. McClain has played well and Edwards is an instant improvement over Fua.

I really want Zach Brown. He is our next TD. Wouldn't lose much play wise with him. I think he will be there around the middle of the first, and we should be in there. We take him #1 overall, and I can't complain.

I would love Blackmon or Alshon, but we still have Gettis and Lafell looks good. Don't know if the WR is AS pressing as LB or even DT. Just depends on what Rivera and staff want to do. Smith will only be around for a few years, so either of these guys (particularly Blackmon, who I absolutely LOVE) would be a HUGE pick up.

If we're going after a DT, we take the kid from Clemson. Dude is a beast.

Terry Bowden says Janoris Jenkins – the former Florida Gators star cornerback – is the best player he’s ever coached and that includes NFL linebacker Takeo Spikes, whom he coached at Auburn.

http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/sports_bianchi/2011/10/janoris-jenkins-gators-will-muschamp-terry-bowden-jimbo-fisher.html/comment-page-1

But supposedly Jenkins got kicked out of the heated rivalry game vs. Delta State tonight.

The more his stock slips the better for us. There's probably going to be alot of CB options available in the 2nd. If Rivera thinks he can keep him in check, he would be great value.

I like him a lot too, but I'm thinking we end up picking 8th-12th and he'd be a reach that high. He's more of a late 1st guy and there should be several solid options in the 2nd at OLB.

That said, if Kirkpatrick, Claiborn, Blackmon, & Jeffey are off the board, I think it comes down to Brown or Janoris Jenkins. I actually would take Jenkins in that scenario; I really believe he's worth the character risk. He's by far the best pure cover corner in this draft and all he got in trouble for was weed, which we know a good 2/3 of the NFL smokes anyway.

My early projection based on current rankings:

1st: Zach Brown, OLB, UNC or Janoris Jenkins, CB, North Alabama

2nd: Dwight Jones, WR, UNC or Travis Lewis, OLB, Oklahoma

4th: Brandon Washington, OG, Miami

5th: Vince Browne, DE, Northwestern

6th: Philip Lutzenkirchen, TE, Auburn

7th: T.J. Barnes, NT, Georgia Tech (Jeff King comp. pick)

7th: Jonathan Bostic, ILB, Florida

Archived