• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Great analysis and preview of this Sunday's game

Razzy

The Saints are one of the best green dog blitzing defenses in the league. (A green dog blitz is when a linebacker has a running back man-to-man, sees that the running back is staying in to pass protect and so he goes after the quarterback in response.) These blitzes can be hard to recognize because they come unexpectedly and late in the action.

Two words.

Delayed. Screens.

Ben won a ton of games and a few Super Bowls with that as his signature characteristic so for now that's a fair way to describe him.

wrong.

That's not what shedding defenders means though. Cam hasn't shown himself as hard to bring down as Ben. Ben takes a lot of sacks because he's a dumb animal and holds onto the ball too long, but when you do try to sack him you can't just get a hand on him.

wrong.

there's nothing to debate. you are saying Ben has more accolades therefore it must be ASSUMED Cam isn't as good at breaking tackles.. neither of which have anything to do with each other.

Cam has already shown he does exactly what Ben does.. Ben has no where near the quickness of Cam and has shown that makes him better able to make defenders miss... his pocket presence may be better too.

After looking at Ben against the Texans, I would say Cam does have better pocket presence.

I would also mention that Cam is playing with a better Oline than Ben right now, they are hemorrhaging pressure. Also, I actually think Ben my still shed blockers a littler better, because he's all the time getting a hand put on him, but Cam does a fantastic job of staying just out of reach and then getting the throw off.

if Cam really is a legit NFL QB.. I'll take his athleticism, pocket awareness, ability scramble over Rothlisberger 10 out of 10 times..

there really is no contest between who is more athletic and both have size, anyone who says Rothlisberger is better at avoiding pressure isn't watching football on Sundays...

Archived