• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Did you guys know we have a 2nd alternate jersey?

Fiz

I have one of these jerseys. Got it years ago.

Edit: and for the pics or stfu folks, here is a pic of me walking across the BART ramp to watch the Panthers-Raiders game, wearing it proudly, and another I just now took of it on the hanger in my closet. It is by far the most badass jersey I own.

raidergame.jpg

smittystorm.jpg

when nike takes the jersey sh1t over there are going to be a lot of changes...for everyone

eh, or not

http://espn.go.com/espn/page2/story/_/id/6937142/uni-watch-ponders-nike-future-nfl-jersey-design

1 or 2 teams will change.

The rest there won't be a single change. Just a swoosh instead of a reebok sign. For the 1000th time, it's not up to Nike.

Edit: and for the pics or stfu folks, here is a pic of me walking across the BART ramp to watch the Panthers-Raiders game, wearing it proudly, and another I just now took of it on the hanger in my closet. It is by far the most badass jersey I own.

raidergame.jpg

smittystorm.jpg

Alright I'll eat my crow those do look pretty freakin sweet

I think the Storm jersey goes back as far as 2003. In regard to the patriots It's a fashion line in the same vein as the womens ...

p10778961dt.jpg

There's a wiki as far as alternates that teams actually wore go, but its somewhat incomplete as most wiki's are.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Third_jersey#National_Football_League

I remember having a black Dan Marino jersey in the 90s made by starter and thinking it was the coolest. I also remember a reebok black and silver jersey which looked very much like a raiders jersey with panthers logos slapped on it. May have been counterfeit.

I wouldn't be surprised to see the Panthers redo their unis in the next couple of years to capitalize on Cam merch. Not looking forward to it, but it's probably inevitable. Hope they're more like buffalo and less like jacksonville.

raidergame.jpg

smittystorm.jpg

Whered you cop? I was at the team store at BoA in 08 and saw that jersey however, the light blue was all white and the numbers/ name was white. I was so tight i didnt have the 200 for it back then.

Whered you cop? I was at the team store at BoA in 08 and saw that jersey however, the light blue was all white and the numbers/ name was white. I was so tight i didnt have the 200 for it back then.

I got it on nflshop.com years ago. It was called the Storm jersey. I think it was the year after Smitty won the receiving triple crown, which I believe would have made it 2006 maybe? I'll see if I can check some sort of order history through them.

Archived