• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Cam Newton vs Andrew Luck - Now who would you choose?

Tarheels23

I wanted Luck to stay in school from the beginning, Cam was not ony the best QB in college football last season he was by far the best player period!

True Story: Cam has thrown for more yards this season going up against the Arizona Cardinals, Green Bay Packers, Jacksonville Jaguars, Chicago Bears defenses than Luck has thrown going up against San Jose State, Duke, Arizona, UCLA.

Luck is good, he's not Cam Newton good!!!

Manning could potentially restructure his contract with a stipulation of 2-3 more years of starting before he hands over the reins to Luck.

But that's a lot of cap space to tie up in a bench warmer.

Considering the new rookie salary scale though it's nowhere near as much of a cap hit as it could have been in the past.

What's Cam making? Four years, $22 million guaranteed? $5.5 million a year cap hit? Hell, veteran #2 wide receivers can be making $5.5 million a year in this league.

If you were asking me months ago, or even through the preseason, I would have said Luck. I thought Newton's upper limit would be something close to Roethlisberger and that Luck had the potential to be another Aaron Rodgers.

Instead Newton looks like he'll be another Elway. Luck still might be great but I'd take Newton every time now. Also, Luck sounds like he's got melted marshmallow in his mouth when he talks (if you ever tried to talk to someone after eating roasted marshmallows you know what I'm talking about).

If you were asking me months ago, or even through the preseason, I would have said Luck. I thought Newton's upper limit would be something close to Roethlisberger and that Luck had the potential to be another Aaron Rodgers.

Instead Newton looks like he'll be another Elway. Luck still might be great but I'd take Newton every time now. Also, Luck sounds like he's got melted marshmallow in his mouth when he talks (if you ever tried to talk to someone after eating roasted marshmallows you know what I'm talking about).

What are u basing that rational on? Outside the media elevation of this kid, what has he done to show that he would be as good or even better than Jimmy Clausen, nevermind Aaron Rogers?

What are u basing that rational on? Outside the media elevation of this kid, what has he done to show that he would be as good or even better than Jimmy Clausen, nevermind Aaron Rogers?

Have you seen him play? Really watched him? He's an unbelievable player.

I too was spiteful and hoped he would fail after he didn't come out in the draft. Now that Cam has emerged as a great young player himself I don't have to feel so mad at Luck anymore so I can view him objectively.

Luck has carved up everyone he's played in college and looked great doing it. But I'd still rather have Cam.

Archived