• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

im drunk i wanna talk about Cam

Fiz

Coverage determines WR to throw to. So we threw to that guy a bunch. He was targeted 2 more times than smith, caught six less balls for a 160 less yards.

Exactly. Great stat. If there's two seconds left on the clock and you need and a basket you give the ball to Glen Rice even if 3 guys are on him and George Zidek is waving for the ball at the top of the key. There is a reason for such defenses. The Jazz wanted Bill Wennington to take that shot over Bryon Russell not MJ.

It's important to take what the defense gives you. But with Steve Smith the defense doesn't have to give you much or really anything at all and he'll make it work. If Naanee catches a few passes early then that will draw coverage off Steve Smith and pressure off the run. But if he's sucking balls and we keep at it the defense can harass Steve, dare us to throw at Naanee and then laugh at that clown.

It's like dropping a huge sloppy log in a toilet and then when it gets clogged you just keep flushing over and over flooding your bathroom with turd rather than coming up with a useful solution. Perhaps flushing it would be the simplest way out, but you tried that and it didn't work so now you're just making the situation worse.

cam will help the panthers bring in free agents

panther fans always bitch and moan when the panthers don't sign X player. they often forget that the player has a choice too. there are numerous factors that contribute to a player wanting to sign a contract. one is proximity to a super bowl, which explains how the Pats annually get the best old dude free agents.

another is city, and charlotte will always suck. yeah, if you're some hick from waxaw who escaped his parents mattress factory, charlotte might seem like something from a dream. for your typical 26 year old who's been around, Charlotte is a city where people hang out at TGIF and go home at 11 oclock on a saturday. The Panthers will never be able to compete with New York or Dallas in this regard.

However, Cam has become an "icon and an entertainer." I know a lot of fat, white, republicans on this board cringed when he said that, but it's true. People are going to want to play for him next year.

if the Panthers want to compete next year, they're going to have to rebuild their defense. Cam will help that.

not how i would have said it, but yeah....i totally agree with this. guys are going to want to play with newton.

Coverage determines WR to throw to. So we threw to that guy a bunch. He was targeted 2 more times than smith, caught six less balls for a 160 less yards.

This is all the more reason to allow LaFell to take over a 2. The only thing that I can think thats holding him back is the playbook.

Even when Fiz is posting drunk his threads are more knowledgeable then 95% of the other crap posted on the huddle.

That's why even if it was tl; I did read it. I found myself agreeing with most of the points made, and getting a good laugh out of the rest.

Keep drinking and posting Fiz

Did Rivera really say that? It's odd if he did, for the following reasons:

1: They ran LT ALL THE TIME that year, that's the year he set the record for rushing TDs with 28 and won the MVP.

2: It's not like whatever strategy they used was hindering the team, they went 14-2.

3: Rivera wasn't even there, he was with the Bears at the time.

Neither was Chudzinski.

Marty Schottenheimer was the Chargers head coach from 2002 to 2006. He drafted Philip Rivers in 2004. Rob Chudzinski was the OC for the Browns that year. He became the tight end coach for the Chargers the following year in 2005.

Ron Rivera was the Bears defensive coordinator from 2004 to 2006. He was hired by new Chargers coach Norv Turner in 2007 to be their linebacker coach. By that time, Rivers was in his fourth pro season.

Ron Rivera never worked under Marty Schottenheimer at any point in his coaching or playing career. When Philip Rivers was just starting out, he and Rivera weren't even in the same conference.

Archived