• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Testy locker room; Shockey pissed per Reed

CardiacCats

Rivera's players that can't keep up with Cam:

Legadu

Legadu

and

Legadu.

Exactly. Like I said two games ago (three if you count the ball that zipped out in front of Naanee at the end of the Arizona game), Naanee runs lazy routes. He doesn't run hard and he doesn't make hard cuts, so the ball has to be thrown EXACTLY TO HIM in order for him to catch if. If he has to do any more work than he should to get it, he's not going to.

No QB is going to put every pass on the money every time, but it's not a coincidence that Cam is usually overthrowing Naanee more than the other receivers.

Steve Reed said that Cam and Naanee don't appear to be "on the same page" after the Green Bay game, on the radio.

What about Mare? A blocked field goal don't tend to get blamed on the kicker just because he's OBVIOUSLY the one kicking it.

Announcers said ball came out to low on the block.

The missed FG short was long, but one other kickers make.

His kickoffs needed to be out of the endzone. One Bears td was set up by a long return.

Other than that, no issued with mare.

But But But...2-14 last year..new coaching staff..moral victories!!!

Tell me I'm wrong for being sick of the moral crap. Team obviously motherfreakin agrees with me.

You play to win the game. Not show "drastic improvement from last year"

Correction. It's not about you. Anyone with a brain should know what you're saying is true. I've said the same thing constantly.

It's 11-on-11. No team the Panthers play this season can't be beaten by the Panthers, whether they actually beat them or not. Take care of your assignments, win your individual matchups, have a better game plan, you can play with anyone and beat them.

The Panthers should be 4-0, but for boneheaded play-calling, penalties (some phantom calls), and missed opportunities.

The players know all of this. It's the fans that don't usually know the real problems. They know they've given away at least 2 games, possibly 3 (offense pointing fingers at defense & special teams?).

Announcers said ball came out to low on the block.

The missed FG short was long, but one other kickers make.

His kickoffs needed to be out of the endzone. One Bears td was set up by a long return.

Other than that, no issued with mare.

The announcers also didn't know that Carolina was trying to keep Chicago from getting the ball back at the end of the half, so they clearly don't know everything.

That FG had NO CHANCE because 2 or 3 Bears were already back there when his foot hit the ball. It wasn't blocked by a defender jumping straight up in the air. They were in the backfield on top of the ball.

The first big Hester return was caught deep in the endzone. Hester slowed down like he was thinking about stopping causing the Panthers to slow down for some reason, then he came out. How's that on Mare? It's not his fault that Hester brought it out from deep in the endzone. The Panthers should have run to him instead of stopping and waiting to let him decide what he wanted to do.

I'm not going to blame a kicker for not kicking every kickoff out of the back of the endzone. He did at the beginning of the game after the first drive, and at the beginning of the 2nd half. Notice a pattern? The Panthers scored 29 points, which means a lot of kickoffs. He's human, his leg got tired, not every one is going out the back of the endzone.

The other players should have done their job.

Archived