• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Break Out Week for DeLo and JonStew?

Hairless Cat

I hope so - would like to see them both put up some big numbers and bust a couple lose for a Td. If anyone can take advantage of a team weak in run d it ought to be Double Trouble with CN as a constant threat. I hope chud makes a point of pounding the ball this week

Stop The Run: The Bears have allowed big chunks of yards up the middle this year to powerful runners. In comes Johnathan Stewart, who is fast and strong. Urlacher and company have to control the middle and put a stop to it. The Bears haven't been close to what they were last season at defending the run, and you can’t let the Panthers establish a run game. That makes life too easy for the rookie Newton.

http://www.chicagonow.com/chicago-bears-huddle/2011/10/bears-need-a-convincing-victory-over-the-panthers/

Would make my Sunday. Stew has been getting it done, but I'm a DWill homer and think he's had some bad luck and keeps getting met in the backfield by 300lbers before he has a chance to do his thing more times than not.

Would make Cam's job so much easier and he could use some help although he's been doing a hellova job without a consistent ground game so far.

Hope our Oline knocks the snot out of a bunch of Bears tomorrow.

DLo doesn't look to be hitting the hole as hard as in years past and neither back looks to bounce out, or so it seems, when the inside is jammed up. Wonder if the lack of running has something to do with the coaching change. They loved Skip and he was good.

I do think we'll run pretty well this week.

I'm a Bears fan.......and I certainly know we have our problems. But......do you guys have the passing game that Atl...NO and GB have????? That might be why those teams have ran us cause we've been defending the pass against at least 2 elite QB's.

I'm a Bears fan.......and I certainly know we have our problems. But......do you guys have the passing game that Atl...NO and GB have????? That might be why those teams have ran us cause we've been defending the pass against at least 2 elite QB's.

You are going to have to choose: bring 8 in the box to stop the run, Cam and the TEs will kill your Tampa 2 in the underneath soft zone. Bring more than 4 pass rushers and Stewart has the ability to take a 3 yds screen and turn it into a 30 yd touchdown. Goodson can do the same. Sit back with deep safeties and Double Trouble will pound the middle of the field. I believe Chud has a hell of a game plan for this contest..as badly as Rivera wants to win this one.

No we don't have a better offense than ATL, NO, and GB. Not yet at least. But we do have a better offense than we have had in years and are looking to establish balance and improve our red zone efficiency. Both problems I would sonner have than an offense that's averaging barely 50 yds rushing per game and a QB who has taken more sacks than pratcially anyone in the league.

BTW I think Stewart will be a big part of this offense today, if Williams ever shows up...watch out!

I want to see DeAngelo Williams run as well he did during the 2008 season. In 2008 he had a 5.5 yards/carry average and ran for 1,515 yards. Where did the "old DeAngelo" go?

This Panthers team needs all the weapons we can get to keep defenses guessing. We need multiple ways of burning them. The Oline needs to get back to their 2008 run blocking levels to open some holes for our backs!

We cannot be a "one trick pony" expecting Cam to pull off miracles every week. As good as Cam is, he's still a rookie who's new seeing things for the first time every week.

Archived