• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Carolina Panthers @ Chicago Bears | How 'Hitman' Sees It

Tarheels23

http://hitmanharris.com/blog/2011/10/1/carolina-panthers-chicago-bears-how-hitman-sees-it.html

Yeah, buddy! We have the Carolina Panthers coming into town! This one should be exciting. We really want to finish the first quarter of the season on a high note, so losing this game isn't an option -- No Sir.

Carolina has a lot of weapons on both sides of the ball, so we’re definitely going to have our hands full. Cam Newton, the Panthers’ first round draft pick, and the NFL’s overall number one pick, has a very live arm, is extremely mobile, and he’s a HUGE DUDE, making him a tough guy to bring down. Even though he’s obviously a great talent, I don’t think anyone expected him to come out and play as well as he has during his first three games, and it doesn’t look like he’ll be slowing down anytime soon. We absolutely have to make sure we keep Cam contained.

“Double Trouble,” DeAngelo Williams and Jonathan Stewart, could be starting running backs on any team in the NFL, so having BOTH of them in the Panthers’ backfield makes their ground game seem intimidating, but we’re prepared to slow’em down.

At wide receiver, they have one of the most explosive and electrifying players in the game: Steve Smith. I know this guy inside and out, and he is, without a doubt, one of the NFL’s ultimate competitors. After the 10 or so seasons he’s been in the league, he’s definitely still a playmaker, because his will to win is so strong. I have a lot of respect for that man.

On our end, defensively, we’re going to have to continue doing a better job of getting off the field on 3rd downs. Also, we’re going to need to get some interceptions and force some fumbles, because we typically win when we rack-up, at least, 3 takeaways.

Not only am I excited about this particular game, but I can’t wait to hookup with my old teammates. As many of you know, I spent quite a bit of time with the Panthers, and I loved every minute of it. One guy I’m especially excited to see is my former defensive coordinator from 2005-’06, Ron Rivera. He’s now Carolina’s head coach, and I couldn’t be more proud of him.

This Sunday, we plan on giving the 4th Phase something to cheer about, because it’s been -- what’s felt like -- an eternity since week one when we last won. So make sure Soldier Field is ROCKING - alright? We gotta make the game as tough as it can be for those guys on offense - especially Cam Newton, an inexperienced quarterback who has no idea what it’s like to play in front our rowdy crowd. If you keep it loud, and we keep them grindin’, we’ll move to 2-2.

BEAR DOWN...

Archived